Qs on the ALFA build mod

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Qs on the ALFA build mod

Post by Thangorn »

Hai guys,

Just a quick question. Haven't built anything in a couple years.

I seem to be missing some appearances of items/creatures/placeables/etc in the chooser in the toolset. Am I missing some erf's or something?

some of the appearances are SoZ ones, others are custom content, there's not any rhyme or reason to the missing appearances that I can see. Is it case of me going through all the blank appearanced references in the chooser and finding the missing ones manually? If so.. poo

Lil help
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Qs on the ALFA build mod

Post by AcadiusLost »

I'd guess whatever build mod you have is horribly outdated. There should be a ton of .erf files on the DMFTP, and some of the packs we've added are compatible with the vault versions where possible, so occasionally you just have to import those.

I'd recommend using a pared-down version of the Live mod you're tooling for to start with; download it, rename it, delete a bunch of the areas, then work from there. It'll maximize compatibility and make sure you're working from a decent background. I don't think the Live mods usually keep huge libraries of blueprints though, so you'll want to import those erfs on top of whatever mod you decide to work in.

As before, you can open any of the haks with nwn2packer (off nwvault) and check out the .txt documentation files to see what's in there and what's not.

Glad to have you back!
Hialmar
Fionn In Disguise

Post by Hialmar »

Maybe the best could be to use the TSM, BG or MS mods AL made for Vault testing as they are up to date with ACR and quite small.

They can be found on the DM FTP in the NWN2/TechTemp/Hialmar_Vaultster directory.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

awesome.. thanks fellas
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!