Creature Skins

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Ksiel
Frost Giant

Creature Skins

Post by Ksiel »

Curm was helping me with this last night but I had some RL issues pop up and we didn't get this resolved.

So, I am trying to update the "shapechangers" on BG. From what I can tell, I don't believe the only one that is on the server which is a were-wolf is set up properly. A few questions:

1 - First, per my MM page 220, it shows that all the lycans (were-wolf/bear/boar/tiger/rat) have DR 15/silver. Before I had to leave Curm told me this was incorrect and that it should be DR 10/silver. Which is correct? Was there a 3.0 MM? Maybe I have an older version.

2 - In the toolset for the BG mod, this is missing the ALFA_Creature_Item category. I believe this is where the skins for shapechagers for TSM are located. If so, would it be simplier to have this installed to BG mod or even just load up any shapechangers that are on TSM to BG? (I don't mind building them from scratch but why re-invent the wheel.)

3 - If I build from scratch, I created the skin, gave it DR of 15, but can not find where to specify that silver or +1 or higher magical weapons get to by pass the DR. How do I set this up?

Thanks for any help.
Current PC: Anovallis "Nova" Starmane

Retired but not forgotten: Bhael Ezri, Blaise Dawnbright, Bastian Cross, Tristan Celvante, Logan Castill, Dorian Orthallas, Kharak Aza'DeDuin, Nyx
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Re: Creature Skins

Post by Rotku »

1 - First, per my MM page 220, it shows that all the lycans (were-wolf/bear/boar/tiger/rat) have DR 15/silver. Before I had to leave Curm told me this was incorrect and that it should be DR 10/silver. Which is correct? Was there a 3.0 MM? Maybe I have an older version.
When in doubt, check the SRD.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm

"damage reduction 10/silver"
< Signature Free Zone >
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Ksiel wrote: 3 - If I build from scratch, I created the skin, gave it DR of 15, but can not find where to specify that silver or +1 or higher magical weapons get to by pass the DR. How do I set this up?

Thanks for any help.
If you look at creature blueprints (e.g. werewolf) from the OC on the Properties tab > Character Sheet there is a value for Damage Reductions where you can specify the damage type. But that's not on a skin item....
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Teric neDhalir wrote:
Ksiel wrote: 3 - If I build from scratch, I created the skin, gave it DR of 15, but can not find where to specify that silver or +1 or higher magical weapons get to by pass the DR. How do I set this up?

Thanks for any help.
If you look at creature blueprints (e.g. werewolf) from the OC on the Properties tab > Character Sheet there is a value for Damage Reductions where you can specify the damage type. But that's not on a skin item....
That field is also available for Creature Skin items, iirc.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Ah - there's a Damage Reduction value for an item which is just a number. It's Damage Resistance that's by type. If you're gonna call it something different to the rules no wonder we can't find it. :)