Construction Jobs: Hard Hat Area

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Construction Jobs: Hard Hat Area

Post by danielmn »

Wynna, while you're in there...

Through him the hills near winter's edge, 5c I believe. Needs MAJOR work, expecially waterwise
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

*pipes up*

As somethign we pass everyday, Rauvinwatch needs major work too, the river is not appropriately textured in most places leavng green grass water, there are harsh borders with most textures being 100% or nothing, love the area, but needs nuanced texture.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

I have the tendency to take on too much and get burnt out, so I'll commit to one area at a time, finish it, then see if anything else pops up. ;)
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

SurbrinVale
Image[/quote]
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Since I've added some of the builder files, the toolset has spat it and crashes almost every time I try to save or bake an area. I've lost heaps of good iterations of silvy surrounds terrain. While I like using YATT, I'm getting pretty cheesed.

Can anyone give me a list of exacty which files I need (extra) for building

When I came back to to NWN2 I did a fresh install, updates and autodownload at logon

I've added the some overides, tile files etc (can't remember where they all are now)

This morning I get worldgate to start downloading it's bucketload, and some post I read suggested that this was where I could get all the builders files now. going to see how that pans out when I get home, though I get the feeling it might just mean I have to DL all the stuff at logon again.

A little help would be nice. :wall:

[edit] ok, now the only think when loading the TSM mod is a few textures missing ( if anyone knows where they are). I assume that is why texture swapper is not working, and I cannot chose any textures in YATT?
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

While I don't think the missing textures would cause those issues, you can find them on the TSM Builder FTP, in the Builder Files folder, as ALFA_Terrain_BMPs_2.rar
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

I think the missing textures were for a few of the snowy ones we had early in the NWN2 process. Not having them didn't cause any crashes for me.
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

I've lately heard indio say that not having those bmps caused crashes when using YATT. Other than that, yeah it shouldnt matter
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Hmm good point, I haven't been using YATT for a long time now.
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

ElCadaver wrote:I've added the some overides, tile files etc (can't remember where they all are now)
I highly recommend clearing your override folder(s) before working on ALFA mods; those files can cause a number of problems and are not necessary for 95% of what we do while building. The only time they're really needed presently is while laying down tiles from custom tilesets for interior building.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Silvy surrounds sneak peek for fun and comment. Pre Tree, plant and rock placement

Texturing detail
Moorgate
Blacklar Gate
Sundabar Gate
Military Parade Grounds
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Post Trees (only used 4 tree seeds)

Moor Gate (ignore the floating wagon in the background, fixed)
View out of the hunters gate to Silverymoon pass
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Impressive! I love the redone entryways especially. Just a thought... some progression in tree size from short to tall, the shorter being nearest to the city, the taller being further away. I was thinking to mentions to some destruction in with the trees....but the last mention of a silverymoon seige was in 1235...therefore the trees have probably had the time to grow back pretty well since then, and all remnants of theat destruction are prolly not visable, cept for maybe the occasional rusty helmet or sword that was buried under churned earth...
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Beautiful, El C. Can't wait!
Enjoy the game
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

danielmn wrote:Impressive! I love the redone entryways especially. Just a thought... some progression in tree size from short to tall, the shorter being nearest to the city, the taller being further away. I was thinking to mentions to some destruction in with the trees....but the last mention of a silverymoon seige was in 1235...therefore the trees have probably had the time to grow back pretty well since then, and all remnants of theat destruction are prolly not visable, cept for maybe the occasional rusty helmet or sword that was buried under churned earth...
I did actually do as you say, just added a few taller ones randomly at the front, because it lookd too obvious if they are all smaller at the front, plus some trees do grow at different rates. Looking from ground level into the forrest does give a nicely layered effect and good coverage with as few trees as possible. Plus i got tree cutter working, so they are all nicely cut from the walkmesh. You do need to pick your way through the forrest!