Configure Toolset to ALFA?

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
rorax
Otyugh

Configure Toolset to ALFA?

Post by rorax »

Hello.

Time to lend a hand again and assist the building efforts. It's been few months since i've last used the toolset for building and i forgot how to configure it according to ALFA requirements and standards.

If anyone can link to the article of how to configure the toolset, or to explain in few good steps - it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Re: Configure Toolset to ALFA?

Post by hollyfant »

You mean the whole "run a server so you can test modules" thing, or just the "add the HAKs to a module so you can tool up clothes and items"?
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

hollyfant wrote:You mean the whole "run a server so you can test modules" thing, or just the "add the HAKs to a module so you can tool up clothes and items"?
I remember you need to configure the haks and the scripts before you build, any maybe something else i forgot...
hollyfant

Post by hollyfant »

It's simpler than you remembered. Just create a new module, and then incorporate all the ALFA HAKs in your Neverwinter nights 2\hak directory. They're not actually all needed, but that way you're sure to have all the ones you do need.

When setting up a full "server" to test complete modules, you need to set up MySQL and NWNX4. It's really not that difficult, but you may want to have someone talking you through it on IRC.
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

hollyfant wrote:It's simpler than you remembered. Just create a new module, and then incorporate all the ALFA HAKs in your Neverwinter nights 2hak directory. They're not actually all needed, but that way you're sure to have all the ones you do need.

When setting up a full "server" to test complete modules, you need to set up MySQL and NWNX4. It's really not that difficult, but you may want to have someone talking you through it on IRC.

That is all? i remember Wynna once told me that scripts need to be set in the module properties? or i imagine?
hollyfant

Post by hollyfant »

rorax wrote:That is all? i remember Wynna once told me that scripts need to be set in the module properties?
They do (I think), but only if you're tooling with such. For creating straightforward items or simple areas, such is not needed.
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

It's for creating areas, so i'll try to catch you on the chat once i'm back from work Hollyfant.

Thanks.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

You'll also want to add the ALFA tlk file to your Module Properties. You'll find it in your MyDocuments/NWN2/tlk folder.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

Seems i've screw something really bad with my settings.

Whenever i try to load module and run it, everything is messed up , from class selection to feats selection and then when the area is being loaded, it's all dark with no graphics.

Any clue what could have gone wrong?
hollyfant

Post by hollyfant »

What kind of module are you loading, an ALFA one?
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

Sorry, not module - area i'm building...something new i'm making for the moonshaes.

Said module because that's what i select when i run the client, as module(area) , not campaign.
hollyfant

Post by hollyfant »

I've had areas appearing blank until I select a random object in the ara. thenm it sooms in on that object, and only then does everything appear.

Come on IRC; we can fix you up faster there.