Travel Maps

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Travel Maps

Post by ElCadaver »

Working on updating the travel maps atm

preliminary concept I like so far, textures only. I realise the snow line is way too high, but it's still in the concept stages.

003_travel_map_east

From this
To this

using World Machine & Yatt

Comments,Likes, Dislikes, Tips?
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Re: Travel Maps

Post by Blindhamsterman »

they look awsome, very very smooth. :D
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

Looks great, can't complain if that's what you wish to work on,

From my limited perspective though the travel maps seem to require ample scripting and trigger work to make it all work, is it doable to recreate these travel maps easily or would that necessitate being built from the ground up with all the encounters and such?

I guess I'm just a little concerned that we'd go from travel maps that, to me, look great and function adequately, to even more beautiful travel maps that may have many bugs to squash from the rebuilding process.

I'm all for giving areas an upgrade, but I'm not sure if the travel maps really need that kind of attention, where a bunch of actual full scale areas certainly could use an upgrade.

Anyways, ultimately, if this is what you want to work on, and it'll work without too many headaches, go for it mate, all your work is beautiful so far so I won't complain in the slightest, just curious about the more tech side of making the travel maps work.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

It would actually be possible to update an area using YATT, without creating a new one, which would mean it should work as before. In the past I have simply copied all the triggers and waypoints across, repainting triggers if neccessary, and the making sure the properties of the area are set the same as the original.

I'm not sure who did the originals, and wasn't trying to put them down. I'm also open to doing exterior areas for other servers, just not really interested in interiors.
darrenhfx
Beholder

Post by darrenhfx »

Looks awesome ElCad.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

ElCadaver wrote:It would actually be possible to update an area using YATT, without creating a new one, which would mean it should work as before. In the past I have simply copied all the triggers and waypoints across, repainting triggers if neccessary, and the making sure the properties of the area are set the same as the original.

I'm not sure who did the originals, and wasn't trying to put them down. I'm also open to doing exterior areas for other servers, just not really interested in interiors.
Once BG's travel maps are in place....

I will give you a big yell.

We will need major help in the exterior dept.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Woohoo! I'd really like the chance to create some original maps, such as the map I made that is being used for the moonwood atm.
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

That moonwood area is excellent Elcad, I've been really appreciating the new areas, can't wait to see silvy surrounds myself
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Post by ElCadaver »

Convexity Selector from World Machine for travel map mountains..