Door Transitions Crashing?

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Door Transitions Crashing?

Post by danielmn »

It seems as if linking doors to transition to other doors, and then saving cause my client to crash and corrupts my mod. Any thoughts?
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Re: Door Transitions Crashing?

Post by Wynna »

I've never run into that. Clarify for me, though. Causes your 'client' to crash? Are you in client and toolset at the same time? I actually have server, client and toolset open frequently without issue, but just to get an idea of what you've got open let me make sure I follow. And do you do anything between linking the doors and saving or are the actions sequential?
Enjoy the game
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Just the toolset open, and just linking doors together and then trying to save.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Then I've never heard of it and suspect there must be some other detail interfering. Have you tried doing something--anything-- else between linking the doors and saving? Move something. Open something. Close something. I would doubt it's a memory issue as it's just doors, but sometimes I get area-related crashes when I try to open up two big areas in a row, but opening a small one in between seems to clear whatever causes that.
Enjoy the game
viigas
Dungeon Master

Post by viigas »

I had a similar issue when I started to build the Delzoun areas of TSM and couldnt figure out what was behind it. I reinstalled nwn, opened the alfa buildmod Curm had given me and imported the areas I luckily had exported beofre to let Curm have a look at them..
I should be back to square one by that action but everything worked and linking doors was one of my problems.

I then tryed to open my old buildmod as I guessed it was nwn related issue as it toolset acted normal after the reinstall and got the crashes back so I just deleted that and worked onwards accepting the mod was corrupt or something.

Not all to fun reinstall nwn but atleast it got me forward :P
DM viigas (TSM)
Retired toon: Faenor Bital
-----------------------------------------------------
when online: GMT thursday 2130-0230 + when RL allow me
-----------------------------------------------------
granite stonejaw:
- damn, I didnt mean to drink