Plugins?

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Mirabai
Orc Champion

Plugins?

Post by Mirabai »

So, I'm looking at these tutorials, read the "Don't Panic" one which was very helpful, and I'm seeing that there's a lot of talk about plugins. However, that guide is now pretty old and I don't want to install stuff that's not relevant anymore, so I'm wondering if those of you who are in the know could post what plugins to get for those of us not in the know. Might be helpful in streamlining this learning curve thing.
Thanks in advance!
---Elsewhere---
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Re: Plugins?

Post by Riotnrrd »

I don't use any plugins, but would like to know if anyone else has any 'must haves'.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

The only plugin I use regularly is The Grinning Fool's Creature Creation Wizard, and that for the Challenge Rating evaluation gadget.

If you are building Exteriors, YATT (Yet Another Terrain Tool) is valuable - ask indio how to use it, he's the ALFA YATT Guru.

I also highly recommend The NWN2 Toolset Guide for good overview of all the things you can do with the Toolset. The Toolset guide that ships with the game (it's also a PDF) is good, too. Grand Fromage's NWN2 Toolset Guide For Noobs Like You right here on the ALFA site is another good one.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Post by zicada »

On a related note,- not directly related to plugins, but to excellent styles in building, you might wanna check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NskwAtu4k

I grabbed it from the vault and posted it on youtube a while back.

The guy in the video is really good, many tips and tricks to take away from this for exteriors in nwn2.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -- Richard Dawkins