Bits and Pieces

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Bits and Pieces

Post by Teric neDhalir »

A couple of random things;
1) If you have a creature and you give it some PC levels how does its CR change? If it was, say, CR5 and you give it 5 levels of Wizard is its CR now 10??
2) I want to put in a door that has been Arcane Locked. The ABR blueprints for doors have a ACR_DOOR_UNLOCK_SPELLID variable for which spell will open a door. Firstly, where do I find the spell ID number, secondly do you need to do it twice for Knock and Dispel Magic and third how do you set the DC that needs to be overcome? And fourthly is it actually implemented?
Ta
TnD
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Bits and Pieces

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Teric neDhalir wrote:A couple of random things;
1) If you have a creature and you give it some PC levels how does its CR change? If it was, say, CR5 and you give it 5 levels of Wizard is its CR now 10??

TnD
Yes.

For instance check out this CR 10 Troll/Monk ... (Troll CR5 +5 levels of mnk)

http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Irongut,_Troll_Monk_5
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

Isn't NWN's CR based on the one PC, and the normal D&D CR on a party of four?
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

I always thought it was something like the creatures CR was as dergon mentioned, but a "events" CR was equal to the four PCs... I'm probably getting my terms completely wrong here and probably showing how in need of rereading the DMG I am...
< Signature Free Zone >
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

Teric neDhalir wrote:I want to put in a door that has been Arcane Locked. The ABR blueprints for doors have a ACR_DOOR_UNLOCK_SPELLID variable for which spell will open a door. Firstly, where do I find the spell ID number, secondly do you need to do it twice for Knock and Dispel Magic and third how do you set the DC that needs to be overcome? And fourthly is it actually implemented?
nSpellID would be the row number from spells.2da, which is also the integer from the toolset for the corresponding SPELL_* constant, viewable from the toolset script editor.

And no, I don't think it's actually implemented. :oops:

The current code include for ACR doors is here:
http://alfa-bmf.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... iew=markup

And it would seem that OnSpellCastAt(), it's just reinitializing the door. No handling for spells yet. If you'd like to take a stab at coding it though, I'd be happy to merge that code into the ACR.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

AcadiusLost wrote:If you'd like to take a stab at coding it though, I'd be happy to merge that code into the ACR.
Be careful what you wish for.

I've a run of a few days sans family and will be trying to batter through my current scripting needs. If I come up with anything I'll pass it along, although you know how booby-trapped my code is. BTW I've had Jump/Climb/Balance etc scripts on hold forever waiting for the new 1.23 skillset to be possible, can you provide any hints as to how the new skills work, i.e. will armour penalties be automatically handled, what are the constant names, etc. etc.

Thanks
TnD
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

You can use/view the constants for the new skills by using:

#include "acr_i"

Please note that the craft weapon and craft armor constants are now "SKILL_CRAFT_ARMORSMITHING" and "SKILL_CRAFT_WEAPONSMITHING", and the new constant for craft alchemy has an extra underscore ("const int SKILL_CRAFT__ALCHEMY = 64;") to distinguish it from the OEI one that's defined in nwscript.nss - normal use of skill check functions should work with the custom skills, and armor check penalty should be properly applied (though the doubled ACP in cast of swim/climb/jump may not be).

We don't have an ALFA_SkillCheck() function defined yet to apply synergy bonuses yet, but will do eventually, should be able to sub it in once it becomes available.