1.23 for Beta Servers

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

1.23 for Beta Servers

Post by AcadiusLost »

For Beta servers, the 1.23 setup will go a bit differently.

If you're already on the ACR (WHL), I'll post up erfs and instructions sometime next week.

If you're not yet on the ACR (Moonshaes The Far North, others?), best to hold off and import existing areas into a working ACR 1.23 basemod to get all the serverside scripts in one pass. I'll be repurposing my 1.23 skills testmod for this after the Live servers are switched over.

Beta builders / hosts may patch at a time of their choosing, but should note the following:
  • Disable the "Synchronize content" options until you are all set up with the ALFA proceedures, accounts, etc. If you enable this option without all the right settings, potential testers may get their haks reverted when attempting to join your server to test. You may also lose copies of your module this way!
  • Recompiling/attempting to use the 1.23 updated haks without updating your mod may lead to unexpected consequences. Note that logging into a 1.23 Live mod will update your haks and tlk.
  • 1.23 modules use a different custom tlk than 1.22 ones: it will be called "alfa_acr02.tlk". You can get it by logging into any Live 1.23 ALFA server.
  • Once configured, 1.23 ADL should allow easy builder updates of walkmesh info without waiting on Admin to update the Worldgate (ADL replaces worldgate).

I'd hoped we could get one or more beta servers to run "ahead of the curve" for the 1.23 switchover, so I'm sorry that that part didn't work out. Instead, we'll have to try to get things working smoothly for soon after the official switchover.