ALFA Contribution-A-Day Challenge

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

FoamBats4All
Githyanki

ALFA Contribution-A-Day Challenge

Post by FoamBats4All »

So, for this months, though mostly just this past week+, I've been holding myself to a challenge: make at least 1 contribution to ALFA per day. I'm surprised at how productive this is making me, particularly with fixing smaller bugs and adding small features (though plenty of larger-scale things being done too). I also find myself DMing more because of this.

Anyone interested in joining me with this challenge? Your contribution need not be toolset work, or scripting -- it could be just a few minutes of impromptu DMing, or a quick library post, or asking a friend who may be interested to check ALFA out. Would anyone be interested in joining such a challenge? If we get enough of us, each posting our daily contribution to this thread, it may generate some positive attitudes, and could help our server activity quite a bit.

If once a day is too much, perhaps once a week?
Rumple C
Bard

Re: ALFA Contribution-A-Day Challenge

Post by Rumple C »

I'll doo et
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I'm trying to commit to regularly (and meaningfully) logging into the DM client 2 or 3 times a week, that'll be my main contribution, other than trying to help figure out how we can foster more consistent/quality DMing via whatever ways I can contribute. Plus I need to start wrestling with the toolset.

Probably tapped out the limits of my tech-ish/custom content contributions for the moment with the facelift pack stuff, might've been more encouraged if I could've had time to figure out what was screwing up the male half elves. I'll try and solve that actually if someone else hasn't already figured it out, will upload fix for review if I do manage it.

I do have motivation to try and fix or tweak some stuff that I interface regularly with ingame, but that means they're mostly content like spells, abilities/feats (including a nerf) that are relevant to my own PC (since I don't play a rogue, I don't have as good a feel for what needs to be fixed for rogues, etc).

Stuff like PC hides, coding, I won't be of much help with unfortunately.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
loulabelle
Proletarian Librarian

Post by loulabelle »

Such a good idea. I'm off to the library. Thanks Foam.

Toc [Talk] Ey doc save some thread fer that mouth a hers *winks with a grin*