NWN2 Facelift Pack

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Should we add the NWN2 Facelift Pack?

Yes.
49%
No.
5%
Only some of them.
No votes
Yes, but as new, optional/alternative heads.
44%
Other.
3%

Total votes: 39

FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: NWN2 Facelift Pack

Post by FoamBats4All »

On topic, Jern was kind enough to convert a number of these (mostly human, aasimar, sun elf, and moon elf) to work as alternative heads on ALFA. Still need to review/put them on ACR. If someone is willing to work on the other races to get the remaining content converted/put in, shoot me a PM or post here. We're willing to teach you how to do it (Jern didn't know how when he started!).
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Dozens of new heads will be available soon for elves and half elves (barring unforeseen troublez); I'll do my best to get to humans and aasimar soon unless someone else wants to help out. It's actually rather fun once you get the gist of how to do this and seeing the faces appear ingame.

It's especially telling when you compare Obsidian's vanilla heads right next to some of these... unbelievable that people actually got paid money to make the vanilla elf heads.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
JonnyJerny
Gelatinous Cube

Post by JonnyJerny »

oh yeah I did this
[22:46] <Ronan_> I once stabbed a man in Reno just to watch him bleed.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

So while this is going on, can you squeeze these three in?

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=551

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Facelifts for half orcs too now?! :shock:

Sure, why not :)

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Ithildur wrote:soon
We should probably qualify that "soon" is a very ambiguous term right now.

We need to make some nontrivial upgrades to the way haks are distributed and upgrades happen to make a reasonably-observable rate of releases worth the work to produce them. It'll probably be a few months (while we wait for adequate content to justify a manual release to build up) if we can't get that squared away (though if we do we'll be able to make smaller releases like this with greater ease).
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Human and Aasimar heads finished, though male aasimar's have the same issue that male half elves had with missing face textures. Someone better at this stuff than me will have to fix them, unless we're ok with overriding vanilla versions of these guys with the new heads. I for one wouldn't touch the vanilla half elf heads with a 10 foot pole when the new ones are available.

Vanilla male half elf (with MOTB's special 'touchup')

New male half elves (The female in the toolset at the right is one of the new human heads with a new hairstyle)

(elves rejoice)

CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

who's bottom must we kiss to get these implemented?

Very good work. Nice to see some non-fugly helf heads.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Cloud_Dancing wrote:who's bottom must we kiss to get these implemented?

Very good work. Nice to see some non-fugly helf heads.
Ith is doing a great job implementing the new heads. :D

Anyone can get this done. Ith has been hammering these out since he came to #alfa-tech and asked to learn how to do it. Anyone can do the same.

(Though I'll also accept ass-kissing, in the form of DM loot twinking cyb0r XP favoritism insert other words here.)