RWS Horses

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: RWS Horses

Post by HEEGZ »

I'm already toolsetting in some stables in anticipation of these. The timing should work out nicely I hope. I'm happy with a single brown horse for all races... but what you've got looks amazing.
Gimlor Stoneaxe
Skeleton's Knuckle

Post by Gimlor Stoneaxe »

Now that I'm back into NWN2 modding, I find myself needing to cover a few costs (domain etc)
I have added a donation button the RWS site, and and all money raised will got to hosting and domains as well as buying models to use in NWN2.
Keryn
Ogre

Post by Keryn »

Good to see you back Gimlor!!!!

Your work is simply amazing. Don't forget us archer riding a horse :P And keep up the good work.
<Kest> "what am i running away from? i dont know but it sounds big and large!!"
---
<@Veilan> I like sausage.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Sso, horses in yet??

:)
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

It doesn't seem from the RWS and Neverwinter Nexus website like any releases have happened since Sept 2012, I gather there might be animations or fixed animations for certain weapons? The earlier inhibitor to adoption was, I think, early versions had no combat animation. So horsemen bumping into goblins or something while rolls took place would look awful strange? That does seem to be something that was getting worked on.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

*Clears throat*

I would like horsies please.

And yes, I would take them without cool fighting animations.
Have not seen mounts anywhere else. even lame mounts would be nice for RP/travle/whateveh.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Is this getting added? The Tolkien PW I play on has horses in now BTW.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Brokenbone wrote:It doesn't seem from the RWS and Neverwinter Nexus website like any releases have happened since Sept 2012, I gather there might be animations or fixed animations for certain weapons? The earlier inhibitor to adoption was, I think, early versions had no combat animation. So horsemen bumping into goblins or something while rolls took place would look awful strange? That does seem to be something that was getting worked on.
Sort of? There was no ruling that said the horses were too poor of quality to go into our haks. No one wanted (wants, I presume? Didn't look like anyone was working on them) to work on them because no one wanted to finish the project or implement a half-done thing, and the RWS side responded to our ("our" in a very general sense; xp_objectattributes was not an ALFA-specific project, was not worked on exclusively by ALFA people, and has its base versions publically avaiable) capacity to swap out tail models dismissively. It all adds up to sapped motivation, and brief moments of sympathy for Valve's production of so many hats.

Fine learning experience if someone wants to break into custom content with the project, 'course.