Performer Static

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Rumple C
Bard

Performer Static

Post by Rumple C »

At some point there will be a static available somewhere in MS (or multiple somewheres). (I'm sure Castano will advise where and when). It will be in the form of a candelabra that triggers a conversation, which makes it possible for a PC to entertain, in the hopes for a tip, busking style. How it is intended to work (please let me know if it doesn't)...

Click on the candelabra to trigger a "conversation". It is only possible to attempt a performance during "night". This reflects there being more evening traffic in the inns and a cozy level of drunkenness to take the horrid edge off your wailing. The candelabra is how the PC may select what performance s/he is going to take a stab at.

Possibilities are...

Drum
Flute
Lute
Dance
Act (mime)
Comedy (joke)

Oratory (chanting)
Singing

Your first attempt (in any category) is the one that allows for a possible reward. After a first attempt in any of the non singing/non-chanting categories you will not get another shot until the next evening. No one wants to hear you playing your bongos all night, or doing standup. Sorry. They will however tolerate you singing/chanting more than one song.

Difficulties should be tiered (15/20/25/30). Rewards are (xp 2,4,6,8 and gp 1,3,6,18). You get nothing for failing, make that first attempt count!

There are 20+ songs there for woo-ing your lady friends, or mourning lost comrades. There are 3 songs that should only be available to differing races (dwarf, elf, gnome).

Please let me know if something does not seem to be working properly.

If anyone has a song/joke they want added to this, please let me know.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Rumple C
Bard

Re: Performer Static

Post by Rumple C »

There are also some animations which should trigger for some of these. Let me know if any seem out of place.
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

Good for you Rumple!

I wonder if ethnic jokes which are distasteful in real world just become funny if about fantasy lands.

What do you call a Ffolk herder with five sheep? A pimp.

I suppose fantasy racism in general is okay too.

Like how do you save a three hundred pound half orc from drowning? Anyone? No ideas? ... Good, me either.

Again, good fun.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

I'll put rascist jokes in, sure. With luck a half orc will kill the offending PC.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Do 3rd level mages get a bonus on the roll for barking out "Knock, Knock" jokes? *ba da boom*

*clap*..............*clap clappp* ....... *chirp*

thanks, i'm here all millenium.