Moonshae Wishlist

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

vergin_sacrifice
Dire Badger

Re: Moonshae Wishlist

Post by vergin_sacrifice »

As Hin are apparently popular with others as much as with me... more in lowhill under the hill. Maybe some apartments that could be rented? ((I'd go for it))

Additional areas for lowhill -
* The brewery, as Lowhill's finest is supposed to be famous, should have a brewery there.
* Rooms rent/usable from the Hobbit Hole Inn - currently no rest area showing that I could find in Lowhill.
* Simple statics for 1st/2nd level characters... maybe something that helps teach basic concepts like in other servers. Or maybe a mail service drop.

Note to remember, that ring is pretty large, and while homes would always have an exit into the tunnels, they might not always have an exit to the surface.

Love the thread!

- EDIT -- Thought of idea of a static that like TSM's supply deliveries could have diminishing returns on exp but be an ic way for characters to make beer money.
Lowhill Ale delivery routes. Either a wagon protection detail or something simple like carrying a keg to the distant tavern to make a modest coin. Would still have the effect mail delivery does, in encouraging players to see more of the server and learn their way around, but if it's not an experience builder could not be abused so much.

-edit again - This by the way is a perfect example of me being totally self serving... as a great deal of my rp is about coming from Lowhill. So a more rich playing environment there would be a wonderful thing to me. But, these same things would help others too, so yeah!

Also, if the hin shops could sell some things that are hin focused would be awesome. Like half pint mugs ((stien but half size/weight)), backpacks and more. BG style short staves ((that don't weigh the same as a long staff and do less damage anyway)), spears and other hin gear. Like in Silverymoon, they sell hin sized gloves/cloaks/boots that are half the weight.. or hin sized armor that is half weight...

Or what ever the calculation for the size because while a human size is considered twice as tall, it's also twice as large/heavy.. so Hin stuff should be 1/4 weight IMHO..
Last edited by vergin_sacrifice on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I doubt, therefore; I might be
Calil - Elf maid depicted in profile picture.
Bellie - Small woman from Lowhill with big attitude - see below
Darkmystic
Owlbear

Post by Darkmystic »

Low Hill stuff ftw.
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

It might be nice to have a large communal underground area, a firepit ringed with suitably massive tables and an abundance of those funky Kemo chairs, for the customary mass food fights during kin moots.
vergin_sacrifice
Dire Badger

Oh, another wish for the wishlist. If we can't have horses or riding dogs... how about push carts or pack mule, or pack dog.. to help carry loads?

Since it's just wishing after all.
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

The brewery, as Lowhill's finest is supposed to be famous, should have a brewery there.
Now on my list of things to build. :)
Matti
Dire Badger

Post by Matti »

Good that you mentioned it, that way I have one less thing on the to do list ;-)
PC: Rothar Hall
PC: Leon Merwine

Deceased: Thoian Trill

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. "
- Robin Williams
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

a few small chairs outside of trappers!
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

I'd rather stick a container called "stack of stools" somewhere and it offer an infinite supply of portable stools.
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

any hands to work on our rapidly growing wishlist? <-- that's my wish
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Cloud_Dancing wrote:I'd rather stick a container called "stack of stools" somewhere and it offer an infinite supply of portable stools.
1. Sit on a chair
2. Walk up next to something that looks sittable
3. Open KEMO Anims UI from PC tools
4. Click repeat last animation
5. ???
6. Profit!
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

Sure that works? I tried it before and nudging Tools but other players reported that altho I was sat on my client they see me stood up.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

I-KP wrote:Sure that works? I tried it before and nudging Tools but other players reported that altho I was sat on my client they see me stood up.
It works, give it a try. Sit down in any KEMO chair (the one that pops up the UI, not the old ones that auto-sit you), and wait for the animation to trigger. Then you can go anywhere, and use the KEMO Animations UI to 'repeat last animation' and it will sit you. You can use this to sit on barrels, counters, rocks, non-KEMO chairs with a KEMO animation, etc.
vergin_sacrifice
Dire Badger

Size can be an issue.
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

FoamBats4All wrote:
I-KP wrote:Sure that works? I tried it before and nudging Tools but other players reported that altho I was sat on my client they see me stood up.
It works, give it a try. Sit down in any KEMO chair (the one that pops up the UI, not the old ones that auto-sit you), and wait for the animation to trigger. Then you can go anywhere, and use the KEMO Animations UI to 'repeat last animation' and it will sit you. You can use this to sit on barrels, counters, rocks, non-KEMO chairs with a KEMO animation, etc.
Fair enough, perhaps I wasn't using a KEMO chair to begin with. The Nudge tools however, do seem to break the animation for observers whereas it remains visible on my client; is this something to do with the kind of nudge that you use (there are two types)?
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

I-KP wrote:Fair enough, perhaps I wasn't using a KEMO chair to begin with. The Nudge tools however, do seem to break the animation for observers whereas it remains visible on my client; is this something to do with the kind of nudge that you use (there are two types)?
It has to do with the way animations work, in two parts-- the nudge tools actually move you, and that breaks a loop that continues to re-apply the animation to your character (the server has no sense of how you moved. Nudge tools look like walking to it, and we have handling to make you not continue to remind everyone that you're sitting once you start moving around, for obvious reasons). The other part of that is that your game client sees the movement as many tiny nudges, none of which are a large enough difference to trigger its own handling to show a frame of walk animation-- but it travels in less-frequent, larger nudges to everyone else, and is thus distributed as things large enough to "look" like walking, which resets your animation (and you have nothing out there to tell everyone to show the sit animation again, because you moved).

So we end up in a state where nothing is attempting to refresh the animation, your client has never had cause to draw a different animation (so you see the same sit as before), but everyone else's client has (so they see the end state of that-- usually standing).

And the solution-- nudge into the pose you like, then do the same animation again. And I've put in a ticket to make that automatic in the future.