REPORT BUGS HERE

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

gribo
Gelatinous Cube

Re: REPORT BUGS HERE

Post by gribo »

6d_int_Silvy_Hallowar_shops:
1. Background voices sound like a broken record.
2. Ilmaeri has a masculine voice.
Nuclear winter is coming
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

gribo wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:50 pm
6d_int_Silvy_Hallowar_shops:
1. Background voices sound like a broken record.
2. Ilmaeri has a masculine voice.
Should be better with Monday update
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

Rivermoot scouting assignment 4 - Wands cave

After completing the mission and getting the prompt to go back and report, it's not possible to hand back the quest to the giver (kadalion ) .
gribo
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gribo »

Bright Blade Brandished - Quest 3: Buttons: Benlan doesn't take the buttons, but gives gold & XP.
Nuclear winter is coming
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

Providers Shrine:
Quest 3 for the Temple of Yondalla.. Gives no informantion.. Just says I took a important quest for the Temple.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Alyth @ Swordsfall House has male voice.

All the doors and AT's in the lower level of the Fochlucan are off, located a few feet from where the doors actually should be. Still useable/openable/interactable, but sure looks wierd.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Perle
Player Admin

Post by Perle »

I do not think this is a universal bug, perhaps with my character's quest log.

"Vault of Sages - Errand 5: Fourthpeak Fort"

I retrieved the item from the fort (reading lessons). I turned in the quest, which did not give me experience and did not take the lessons. It did not put the quest into the "completed" tab.

I was able to take the next quest in line: "Vault of Sages - Errand & Dungeon of the Ruins." (I have not done this one yet)

Edit: Completed the Ruins quest and got exp/gold. The former quest remains in my log and I still have the lessons to turn in. Not a huge issue.
Last edited by Perle on Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

There's a shop in SM that buys weapons (and I think possibly armor too) at full market value.

I'm guessing that he's meant to do that for hides/pelts (per his conversation), but the above is an obvious bug. I can disclose location to builders upon request.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:30 pm
There's a shop in SM that buys weapons (and I think possibly armor too) at full market value.

I'm guessing that he's meant to do that for hides/pelts (per his conversation), but the above is an obvious bug. I can disclose location to builders upon request.

fixing

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Perle
Player Admin

Post by Perle »

Tradescroll costs:

This is probably more of an oversight than a bug. Vendor costs are based on Lady's College scribe's values. I have seen scrolls sell for more elsewhere.

Level 1 trade scroll: Costs 25g to produce. The vendor cost of a level 1 spell is 9g

Level 2 trade scroll: Costs 50g to produce. The vendor cost of a level 2 spell is 57g

I was told the value of scrolls on vendors has dropped, so perhaps this was an oversight.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

The cost to BUY certain consumables was altered in the ACR 2da's [not on each item]. This at the time, was to offset the time one tended to sit around trying to heal at low levels. Since rest periods are set at once every 24 hours. And no . . . changing how often you can rest is NOT an option.

To my knowledge there was Never any discussion about lowering the cost for CREATING such items. I was not aware that making a TRADE scroll was costly. Regular scrolls certainly.

My guess is your also getting a vendor discount, due to either a good appraise or a member discount when your checking the stores, because the reduced, base cost of a level one scroll at a vendor should be 12 gp, the reduced base cost for a lvl 2 scroll should be between 75-100gp. ONE should not be able to BUY trade scrolls at a Vendor honestly, they were created for the sole purpose of players being able to TRADE spells.

SO not really a BUG its a Feature

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Perle
Player Admin

Post by Perle »

Let me start all of this off by saying I have no idea how this is supposed to work, but another player said the cost for a level 1 trade scroll was far too high (25 g vs just a few gold from the vendor) so I decided to report it as a bug. I have heard over the months I have played on this server that scrolls used to cost more, and the price was lowered. That is why I thought it might have been an oversight.

Regarding the cost from the vendor and the low cost I reported, I was looking at the cost at the Lady's College. My character is a student, if that matters. The scrolls from that vendor are usable scrolls.

This is the first server I have been on that has something called a trade scroll. Can you use them also as a regular scroll? I have no idea. I am assuming because it is called a "trade scroll" that it is for trading only and not casting.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

TRADE scrolls can ONLY be used to put into your spell book they can NOT be used to cast directly from.

Please point out any stores that are found selling a trade scroll as THAT would be the bug. Trade scrolls should be labeled as such

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Perle
Player Admin

Post by Perle »

I have not found trade scrolls on vendors.

When I said it cost 25 g, I mean you cast the spell on your spellbook, which creates the trade scroll and takes gold from you. 25g is what it costs to do that for a level 1 spell. Sorry if that was confusing.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Reading the above, I'm going to suggest this be discussed via discord to minimize further confusion and embarrassment.

It's why I initially posted about it, but deleted the post; such discussions in ALFA forums have historically been shockingly susceptible to less than fruitful results.

Though to be frank, I will likely not participate in said discussion - these days I lack sufficient energy and patience to put up with nonsense from adults, have enough of it RL to deal with.