The Lady's College

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Wynna
Dungeon Master

Re: The Lady's College

Post by Wynna »

School will be in session tomorrow at noon PST!
Enjoy the game
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

No can do this week, sadly. Hope everyone else has fun!
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I'll be around in some capacity or other.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

No chance to make it today.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Will be on in one hour, 12 noon PST to play.
Enjoy the game
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

just got home. beat. If I survive I'll hop over.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

That was very enjoyable Wynna.
Many thanks.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

This is a brief summary written with an ink thick quill

Water Lady's Rune Analysis, Walker J.
By Elemental Runes, "Runed by the Elements, a Guideline to Primordial Magic"

Near the right temple:
A crude drawing of the rune, followed by a brief explanation.
Rune for "Istishia" that is encircled with scrollwork that meets the verbal description the book gives of "Devoted to, or Honoring" (which is apparently not as ornate as the provided illustration of "Sacred Worker for, or Divine Practicioner").

On the left temple:
A crude drawing of the rune and two symbols, followed by a brief explanation.
A similar "Devoted to Istishia" symbol, only smaller and with thick, added crosshatching in red connecting, some would say disfiguring, the delicate encircling scrollwork to the god.
- I've yet to find what meaning does it have.
On opposite sides of this smaller, disfigured, "Devoted to Istishia" Rune are two tiny blue shapes, one a raindrop and the other a diamond.
- I've yet to find what meaning those have.
It seems these symbols and rune are all part of a larger rune set.

Rune Set, Left Side of Face and Neck:
A crude drawing of the five runes, and the symbols beside them, followed by a brief explanation.
Four Elemental Runes circle a central dark one, with lines from each of those four runes swirling into the center anti-clockwise as if they are spinning around it and unravelling into that center.
Besides the one to Istishia, the other three circling runes easily match Kossoth (red), Grumbar (green) and Akadi (white), with no encircling scrollwork or additional hatchwork.
Like the left temple "Devoted to Istishia" rune, the three other elemental runes have two tiny shapes beside them, each has one diamond shape (same as the "Devoted to Istishia" rune) and the second of each differs: a rayed circle (Kossoth), a square (Grumbar), wavy lines (Akadi). The lines and colors of the four outer elemental runes seem to run together into the central rune's blackness.
Central rune: Swirling Blackness, I did not manage to draw any details.
- I've yet to find what meaning those have.

Notes:
When focusing and trying to draw these runes for later study, it seemed the runes of Kossoth and Istishia were pulsing or wriggling, or shifting somehow in a way I can not explain They were difficult to observe, as if trying to observe a living thing in the wild. The Akadi and Grumbar runes were quite stationary and easily drawn -
Meaning? Unknown, perhaps we'll know more if we find that other such "Tokens" are marked with similar runes, and study them.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

John would scribe notes and leave them to all friendly Dean's Quest participants.
The notes would include the information from the previous post regarding his study of Jenny's runes, as well as the following:

"I currently am holding for safe keeping the books involved in the quest, as well as most of the clues found at the Xorn Hunt quest at the Sky Pony encampment (Bloody Note, Student ID, and a pair of Quills. I'm uncertain where is the Mephit's claw, maybe with Arizma?).
The bookcase under the bust is no longer a viable option for safe keeping.
Please inform me where you wish these items placed."
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

A mutter in an early class: "I don't know. Maybe she slept late? I've never known her to sleep late. Does she sleep, or just walk around telling everybody how busy she is? I really need to see her about my schedule. I don't think I can carry all these advanced classes at once. Has anybody seen the Registrar today?"

Overheard in the refectory, Belad chatting to a student washing dishes for extra pay: "I'm sure it's nothing. Sera has a temper, but she wouldn't have done that to college property, whether or not the other rumors are true. I'm sure we can ask her by nightfall."

At nightfall, murmured by Loremaster Oakroot where he stands gazing at the empty Registrar's office, his brow wrinkled: "Perplexing, puzzling, quite possibly pernicious. Sera why would you.... Where have you.... Who did you last....?" The rest is lost as he hurries off towards the western commons area on the ground floor.

By the next morning, the college is seething with gossip that Registrar Serapheena left a note for Dean Savengriff resigning her position, and decamped from the Lady's College in the night for parts unknown. Whether or not she destroyed the phoenix bookshelves in the Valamaradace Study on her way out is a hotly debated discussion.
Enjoy the game
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

“A gnome, a dwarf, and an orc walk into a bar…sounds like the start of a joke, right?” Two women walking around Silverymoon’s north side could be overheard. “But that is exactly what I saw last evening at the Hammer & the Helm. I thought they’d be quickly followed by guard to break up the fight that surely would follow. But that’s when it really gets…weird.

“So I am doing my job, lighting the streetlamps and picking up the refuse, and a bit later two of them come back out. The gnome is holding up a woman’s robe, perhaps sizing it up to see if it might fit him. And then he holds up a feather as tall as he is, and some others. I start to think they are play actors getting ready to rehearse a scene from a play. I couldn’t hear them well, as they were quite hushed. But I heard some words: Murdered little girl; ritual of fire; the silly red-haired girl in love with a flying man.

“And then the gnome gets all animated on the orc, starts raving about spying, politics; the spellguard are out to get the university. If they weren’t play actors, they were very strange and maybe even disturbed. The orc seemed utterly confused and tried to correct the gnome now and then, only to get scolded down.” The woman said rather matter-of-factly then resumed, “But the really funny part was the dwarf. He came out all sweaty and smelly, burped, farted, seemed rather proud of the volume of each, then shrugged and left.”

The other woman paused as though waiting for the punchline, then finally queries, “So what’s so odd about that?”
The deadpan response was, “hmph…for once the dwarf was the only sane one.”
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Just a note that I probably won't be on this Saturday. We'll be doing patriotic stuff. Or eating. Lots. Next scheduled campaign session will be July 11, but there could be pick-up sessions before that, if schedules coincide.
Enjoy the game
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Just a note, the main page has a link to Wynna sessions, but it's to this thread http://www.alandfaraway.info/phpBB3/vie ... 92&t=51467
Which seems deadish.

Also, happy america day!
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

kid wrote:Just a note, the main page has a link to Wynna sessions, but it's to this thread http://www.alandfaraway.info/phpBB3/vie ... 92&t=51467
Which seems deadish.
Fixed.
Also, happy america day!
Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of firearms, grilling meat, and colorful explosions.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

OK, I'm in.
12.August.2015: Never forget.