Berronar Truesilver Shrine?

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
Hyme
Brown Bear

Berronar Truesilver Shrine?

Post by Hyme »

What do yous guys have any lore of what a shrine to Berronar Truesilver would look like? Would it have beds for the sick?
This is the only info i have found on Church for Truesilver:
An underground temple to Berronar is a cavern in which the priests have carefully arranged mosses, lichens, fungi, and the like brought by the hands of faithful. They keep these watered and nourished to form a lush carpet all over the floor; this covering also climbs the walls as high as possible. Luminescent fungi are favored, to give the cavern as much natural light as possible. Magical items with the power to create dancing fights are highly valued, and nondwarven wielders of such items are sometimes even hired to illuminate such a temple by this means. Such "lighters" must come to the temple naked and blindfolded, but they are treated with the utmost care and courtesy. When the ceremony is over, they are taken safely back to the surface under guard, in such a way as to maintain their dignity but keep the location of and route to the temple hidden from them.
http://www.nj-pbem.com/data/Gods/dwarve ... rronar.htm
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Re: Berronar Truesilver Shrine?

Post by hollyfant »

Wouldn't sick or wounded dwarves be tended to by their immediate family, instead of being brought to a central "hospital"? A public records office would make more sense I think, but apart from that bit out of Demihuman Deities you already quoted I haven't found any canon.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Ask viigas.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
viigas
Dungeon Master

Post by viigas »

The "patiens" taken in by servants of Berronar Truesilver are children and rarely adults.

A child is worth alot to any race but a dwarven child is a rare thing and hence worth so much more and while Berronar at times materialize near huge battles to care for the wounded she would at any given moment leave 1000 of bleeding fighters to make sure one dwarven child survive.

I lost all my ebooks and D&D scanned material + many links I used in ALFA1 in the horrid big crash that got me to invest in a full backup but out of memory I know this:
Temple of silver:
In the land of Faerun 7 temples exist that regulary get visited by Berronar herself and its the highest honor for a highpriest, Faenor, of Berronar to be given the duty to keep such a temple running which ofcourse means to have all that is needed to be able to care for children whom be taken there. Each such temple also have a kind of portal linking the other 6 temples of silver so the faenors and children in time of need can move to another similar place of security or go help a sister. They are all placed in natural caverns and I know one was placed somewhere in Cormyr back in time when a black dragon and hoards of orcs pestered the dwarfs, one was placed in Sunderholme, the frozen north, one somewhere in turmish mountain. 4 I never learned the location of
Temple of Berronar:
A temple is like a big shrine, it dont have near the ability as the temple of silver to accomodate wounded children with all that it demand but the sick can be cared for as the citadel where such temple is located in will have the spece needed for running children. The altar room is simple, a pair of huge rings are inlaid on the floor infront of a simple stonealtar also inlaid with Berronars mark. Often one see raw of benches or similar here as bonding between dwarfs have a part of the ritual happening with her as witness for safety of their future home.
Shrine of Berronar:
Can be any room near or in a settlement of dwarfs holding a altar.
Much as explained in the top post by HYME its common the areas where the children be treated are dressed in moss and lighted in a soft "exotic" way, often by non poisoned fungi but if the servants know beforehand its a upcoming risk many children will be needing safety or care this light will be achived by arcane or divine means.

Many temples of Berronar are guarded by "Valkires of silver", This is a group of servants beeing both priestess and paladins taken the role as protectors, its even known of such be named champion of a specific child, often a kings child or some thundertwins which was seen as the direct blessings of both Sharindlar and Berronar so the dwarven race grew stronger in time when the number was fast dwindling.
I been growing a sick fondness of the dwarven race and their history since I started DMing tabletop with the 1edition ruleset back at 1983 so I know a bit but not near as much as Curm at times seems to think :) I do however love to discuss the subject so if any of you have a topic running I havnt seen plz PM me a link as I love to learn more.
DM viigas (TSM)
Retired toon: Faenor Bital
-----------------------------------------------------
when online: GMT thursday 2130-0230 + when RL allow me
-----------------------------------------------------
granite stonejaw:
- damn, I didnt mean to drink