Wyvern Scale Armour

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Wyvern Scale Armour

Post by danielmn »

If anyone can find a legitimate sourcebook that has the use of Wyvern Scale in armour, it's benefits, as well as it's cost, I'd be very greatfull. The only information I've been able to come up with is on the nwn2 wiki, entailing an increased DC of +20 but confering +2 AC, +4 saves vs. poison. No cost for material is given, nor an actual source for the info.

Daniel
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
AsteroidX
Brown Bear

Re: Wyvern Scale Armour

Post by AsteroidX »

cost of material: one Dwarf hide and many scales of a wyvern :?: (non official source)
Vendrin
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Vendrin »

No official source that I know of.
-Vendrin
<fluff> vendrin is like a drug
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

I do not believe there is an official source, open to being corrected.

However, not even the hide of like, an ancient grandpappy full dragon gives automatic plusses to AC and/or saves, so I'd be doubtful about your garden variety wyvern doing the same.

If you were to go on the basis of dragons, you can make MASTERWORK armors out of their hides, and depending on the size category of the dead dragon, vs. that of the intended wearer, you're looking at more and more protective versions of armor being available (dragonhide hide armor, then dragonhide banded, then dragonhide half-plate, then full-plate (or oddly and such a bad deal, a breastplate)). It's double the cost of normal MW armor, and yeah, it has decent hardness and whatnot (who cares?), but really no mechanical benefits beyond that, it's more the "wow" factor, and that druids could wear it too.

(Dragon stuff here: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialmaterials.htm)

As to wyvernhide having an inherent +2 AC and +4 vs. poisons, odds are it won't be from a legit sourcebook... but it'd be a perfectly fine thing to enchant up I guess. Appropriate enough to have a poison scaly critter's hide required for someone to enchant some poison resistant scale mail or something. *shrugs* That becomes less of a "Special Materials" question, and more of a RP / flavor / whatever thing.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Standards ruling has no inherent benefits from wyvernhide/scales, which answers my query. Seems no one could find a legit source, so I'll treat it as if it were deerhide. :D
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Post by Riotnrrd »

Wyvern hide armor or studded leather would look a hell of a lot cooler than deerskin ;)