Rivermoot

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
gunslinger55
Shambling Zombie

Rivermoot

Post by gunslinger55 »

Can someone please give me a run down as to who or what group has the overall command of Rivermoot...and then who are they ruled over ..and so ..and so on... :chin:
rorax
Otyugh

Re: Rivermoot

Post by rorax »

Grull is the high commander of Rivermoot and the marshes area in general.

:eek:
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Edit: Realized that had to be a joke.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
gunslinger55
Shambling Zombie

Post by gunslinger55 »

Ok found out whos in charge...and interestingly its not Grull...hmmmm I would of thought he would have made a fine Commander 8)
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

gunslinger55 wrote:Ok found out whos in charge...and interestingly its not Grull...hmmmm I would of thought he would have made a fine Commander 8)

Share the knowledge then... ;)

Might be useful for some to know that info.
gunslinger55
Shambling Zombie

Post by gunslinger55 »

Order

Marshall Kadalion and Rivermoot Council

Rivermoot Militia headed by Sergent of the Gaurds Praetor Baron

Argent Legion headed by Liutenant Flinn Pomador I think they are garrisoned there by Silverymoon City leaders

House Invincible in support ...im not sure if we are paid by Rivermoot council.or....?

:chin: please comment if thats wrong...
Brother Humphrey
Kosher Kojak

Post by Brother Humphrey »

The following is assumed to be common knowledge:

H.I. troops are supposed to be self-supporting, with Helmite specific supplies available in SM itself. Members are encouraged to aid others in performance of tasks for the marshall and encouraged to do so without recompense. Donations for faithful service are not expected to be refused, though are not actually encouraged either.

Depending on the situation, typically an equal share of any proceeds from collected and sold loot are the standard. The IC standard approach to a request for aid and offer of payment for such is that whatever a person is paid for performance of a task for the defense of RM or the Marches in general belong to that person, unless a non-H.I. member expresses the demand for payment for his own services in assisting the H.I.-member assisted task.

(ie. Toon #1 approaches H.I. Trooper #1 and Coniving Sellsword #1 with a request for aid in an NPC given task. The HIT would normally expect no % of the pay from the NPC, the CS probably would expect a big chunk, but that's T1's decision to make. Any loot gathered and/or sold usually gets split 3 ways in such a party)

To continue:
The Argent Legion is based in Rauvenwatch Keep and commanded from there. The Grand High Marshall or whatever his rank is takes his orders from Lady Alustrial and/or her grand council.

Sgt. Chickendung Baron is the liason between the RM militia and the Legion and is supposed to be in charge of militia training, preparing any prospective members for service in both the local militia as well as the Argent Legion, as each member of the Lady's Alliance tithes a percentage of it's local militia force to the Argent Legion for posting either locally or wherever they're required within the Silver Marches. What that means in practical terms is A) He's a member of the Argent Legion, under Pomador's command and B) *shrugs* That's about it, since he's the equivelant of a 2-legged anal cyste: painfully annoying, disturbing, detrimental to one's health and impossible to get rid of without extreme measures being taken (which I'm sorry to say haven't been).

The Marshall is the militia's nominal leader, though he usually sticks to foisting unpleasant jobs on newcomers incapable of performing them without risking their necks trying to do them alone. He knows better, but it's up to the person who accepts the task to decide if he wishes to die, or if he wishes to take someone along and actually survive long enough to get paid.

Lastly, Kadallion is directly responsible to the RM Council (whom, to the best of my knowledge, nobody's ever actually seen). I'm not sure who's on it, or when they even meet, but I understand that they've been opposing several proposals made by H.I. officers meant to help improve the local defences and combat readiness, though as I said I've never had the pleasure of direct contact with them to attempt to convince them otherwise (which is probably a good thing, considering my -2 diplomacy penalty :P ).
<paazin> Elves I bet are kinda fun to play.
<BH|werksux> I prefer the trumpet or clarinet
<BH|werksux> elves wiggle too much

Current Server: TSM

Current PC: Delshandra
Pwned PCs: Lemuel,Skimmer,Clevon,Juno,Gilbert,BH,Dunkin,Osk & Rodney

Current Status: Highly Mobile
Vaelahr
Owlbear

Post by Vaelahr »

I'm pretty sure the old halfling introduces himself as Marshall Kadalian, Warden of Rivermoot. Warden is his title. Marshall is his name. And here I thought you Helmites paid attention to detail. ;)
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

:doh: Actually, Warden is his family name. Marshall K. Warden, of Rivermoot, is in reality the village idiot who happens to be filthy rich and uses his money in ways that never cease to amuse the other townies.