Wizard/Sorcerer Familiars

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
Malose
Goblin Scout

Wizard/Sorcerer Familiars

Post by Malose »

I have a question regarding familiars. For RPing purposes, do the familiars follow the 3.5 leveling ability gains? (i.e. At level 5, familiars can communicate with their masters. At level 7 they can communicate with others of their species.)
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Re: Wizard/Sorcerer Familiars

Post by hollyfant »

Malose wrote:I have a question regarding familiars. For RPing purposes, do the familiars follow the 3.5 leveling ability gains?
There hasn't been any ruling on this that I'm aware of. For whatever it's worth (hint: not much), I'd say go for it. It's not like Obsidian's gimped critters pose any threat to game balance.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

There should be any issue basing your RP off of the 3.5 info that has been published.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Malose wrote:I have a question regarding familiars. For RPing purposes, do the familiars follow the 3.5 leveling ability gains? (i.e. At level 5, familiars can communicate with their masters. At level 7 they can communicate with others of their species.)

PGer! ;)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

Malose wrote:I have a question regarding familiars. For RPing purposes, do the familiars follow the 3.5 leveling ability gains? (i.e. At level 5, familiars can communicate with their masters. At level 7 they can communicate with others of their species.)
Go for it mate. No problem there at all, as far as I am concerned. If there is no set policy on it, assume that 3.5 is correct :)
< Signature Free Zone >