House Invincible - Silverymoon

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

House Invincible - Silverymoon

Post by danielmn »

If anyone knows of cannon material besides what is in the Silver Marches manual, would you kindly reference it here? Would hate to build a glorious temple to Helm, who has so few throughout the realms, and have made it in error. Thanks!!!

Daniel M Noah
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

The House Invincible:

This temple consists of a stark, nononsense keep built for battle, home to the enthusiastic worshippers of Helm. The Watcher's worship is very popular in the Silver Marches, most noably among the Knights in Silver, the High guard, and the Spellguard. The House Invincible thrives under the guidance of of Vigilant Master Baerim Corador (LN male human Ftr4/Clr10), a charasmatic, vigorous leader who ascended after his predecessor Erssler Thamm fell in battle guarding snowbound pilgrims against fiendish wolves. Baerim was marked on the battlefield with the Hand of Helm, a glowing manifestation sent by the god, and his fellow war-priests soon took up his banner.
SM Campaign Accessory...hope that helps some

Edit: Bah! I transcribed all that and *then* read that you wanted /besides/ what was in the accesory ......double bah!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

thanks for the effort anyway...very little info out there about the temple, so far. I have been able to find tidbits here and there though...

The House Invincible: Vigilant Master Erssler Thamm leads the hearty and steadfast worshipers at the city’s major temple to Helm. Silverymoon is one of the few places in the Realms that Helm’s worship did not suffer after the Time of Troubles. Most of the Knights in Silver and some of the Spellguard are ardent worshipers of Helm, believing that devotion to their duty as protectors of the city allow it to survive. Over the past ten years, this temple has grown in the number of faithful attendants, as it welcomes Helm’s worshipers without judgment. Unlike other temples, the House Invincible has no lofty spires or delicate ornamentation. At first glance, it appears as a fortified garrison or stone keep, and it has served as such for troops during times the city walls have been breached.

In fact, the House Invincible has done the city and her Lady a great service. Before a request was even made, Master Erssler opened up a number of offices, quarters, and the lesser chapel as an assembly hall to Methrammar Aerasumé, the Shining Guard. Methrammar needs the space within the House Invincible as a temporary headquarters and recruiting post for the newly forming army of their fledgling country. Alustriel and her son are both grateful for the ready aid of the Brothers of Helm, and are glad their new country has some divine backing from the Protector.
(obviously an older reference, since Erssler has fallen in battle...)

My question for the above is if any of the information is still applicable concerning the housing of the Shining Guard, or is this outdated?

A stark, no nonsense building that looks to be more of a fort than a temple, this building is the temple of Silverymoon's worshippers of Helm. The worship of the Watcher is thriving in the Silver Marches, and the temple takes an active part in the defense of the city and its people. The previous master of the temple, Erssler Thamm, recently fell in battle, and his replacement has proven to be an able leader.

Leader
Baerim Corraddor (Human Ftr 4 / Cleric 10 of Helm)
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Right then, beginning building process.

indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

I couldn't dig up any more than you got. Glad you're building.
ElCadaver
Rust Monster

Re: House Invincible - Silverymoon

Post by ElCadaver »

My two cents,
something you might like to consider is having some discussion with your team on continuity of textures groups for different regions, to provide continuity to the appeance of different landscapes. Base rock textures, grasses, dirts etc for hills mountains, swamps, towns etc... and don't forget the colourmaps!

Hope it all goes well.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

?? :huh: ??

Considering this was finished a while ago, and was an interior, not an exterior, I have to ask....

WTF have you been smokin Cadav?

:lol: :P

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Yeah-- HI is done....I love her and she loves me! ;)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Brother Humphrey
Kosher Kojak

Post by Brother Humphrey »

I really hate to mention this at such a late date, but It just occured to me that H.I. lacks an actual training hall. The entire lower floor is taken up with the chapel and the upper is so full of offices, barracks, kitchens, laundries, and so on, there's no room left for it above ground, unless you go up. I have yet to see any way of going down, however, so that may allow for some expansion, since we have RPed the presence of H.I. crypts beneath the chapel, which could be added on one side of an underground level while the training hall is on the other. Just a few thoughts.

There is one other item that appears to have been stalled for some reason (not bitching, I realise builders are in short supply) is the proposed combined barracks and training hall across from Rivermoot, by the cave, which I had hoped would draw recruits to the Helmite Forces faction. I suppose any replies related to this could be directed straight to a thread in the H.I. forum, in order to avoid confusion and meta issues. I was just too tired to do two seperate posts. G'night, Gracey
<paazin> Elves I bet are kinda fun to play.
<BH|werksux> I prefer the trumpet or clarinet
<BH|werksux> elves wiggle too much

Current Server: TSM

Current PC: Delshandra
Pwned PCs: Lemuel,Skimmer,Clevon,Juno,Gilbert,BH,Dunkin,Osk & Rodney

Current Status: Highly Mobile