The Old Order

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
Regalis
Tie-Interceptor of Bane

Re: The Old Order

Post by Regalis »

Plinth: Located in Trades Ward, this set of sacred rocks is kept as a place of worship and meditation for all faiths. Many long-dead deities hear from their worshipers only at the feet of the Plinth. For the record, the Monks of the Old Order eschew worship at the Plinth, preferring to leave their departed god alone, if in fact they ever had a god.
I don't know. People who don't worship any gods are pretty terrifying to deities. If such philosophies caught on, it would do great harm to them. Far more, generally speaking, than their opposing deities are usually capable of.

But there is a more decisive answer in the Forgotten Realms Guidelines that were put out to help people convert from 2.5 to 3.0 before the 3.0 campaign setting book was released:
Monks of the Old Order do not worship any deity, thus they can never be raised from the dead.
The guidelines are no longer on the WotC site (obviously), but I found a copy here: http://members.verizon.net/chad.lubrech ... elines.PDF
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

Regalis wrote:Monks of the Old Order do not worship any deity, thus they can never be raised from the dead.
:dead: Well that settles it then. That's canon, so: no coming back from the dead for the faithless.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

One of my first PCs in ALFA was a Monk of the Old Order. I searched for weeks for canon references and found nothing. I had fun playing him until he died, also as a wanderer searching for true meaning in the world. I would RP him as saying all kinds of profound things that really meant nothing. It was quite fun.