What year is it IG on ALFA NWN2 servers?

If you have questions regarding Forgotten Realms or ALFA Canon, ask our experts here.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

What year is it IG on ALFA NWN2 servers?

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Pretty self explanatory.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Re: What year is it IG on ALFA NWN2 servers?

Post by dergon darkhelm »

My understanding was that live Launched in DR 1375 with 1 year of RL equalling 1 year IC.

But there has to be a lot of give for "comic book time" and different timelines for different PCs.

From Rath's perspective a bit more than a year would have likely passed from live to now .....but like I said ...a bit of give and the "Official" time is prolly 1375 DR
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

1375, minus Last Mythal and Rogue Dragon stuff, was the subject of a 3:1 Admin vote a real long time back.

http://www.alandfaraway.org/phpbbforum/ ... hp?t=28111

Some related discussion here, including the normal freakouts over "even if that's okay, how does time advance?????"
http://www.alandfaraway.org/forums/view ... 52&t=35553

Anyhow, so 1375 probably answers the question. The "how time advances, 1 RL yr = 1 IG yr" is itself, subject to unhealthy debate, I'm afraid. Note the Mythal/Dragons stuff was kept out since it'd be "exciting to play", I wonder if any NWN2 teams actually plan to dig into those, and if not, if they can simply be "voted back into canon?"
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Drankathar
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Drankathar »

okay so I have the date of in game now... but whats the date gap between nwn1 and nwn2? simply interested in maybe linking my new toon to a very old one from nwn1, if its like 100 years then there might be no point but if its like 20 years or something then I may be very interested indeed! cheers
"This god that I worship (a faded reflection).
This demon I blame (a flickering flame).
Conspire as one, exactly the same.
It's exactly the same!!"
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Drankathar wrote:okay so I have the date of in game now... but whats the date gap between nwn1 and nwn2? simply interested in maybe linking my new toon to a very old one from nwn1, if its like 100 years then there might be no point but if its like 20 years or something then I may be very interested indeed! cheers
Ignore the game clock....it only tells the time.

NWN2, now a live +1 year and a handful of days, should be into year DR1376 now. That's pretty much a smooth transition of time from NWN1 to NWN2 canon. So instead of a hundred or even 20 years difference, it it just a slow click of the clock forawrd.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

2008 was 1375
2009 is 1376
2010 will be 1377
etc.

There is no carry over of canon from NWN1 ALFA servers into NWN2 ALFA servers. The only things allowed to carry over are PCs in the form of NPCs, and perhaps some easter eggs. It was basically a complete reset in NWN2 ALFA to what the published canon is up until 1375. I am not sure that there was an official end date for NWN1 ALFA, Dergon's comment sounds about right. Just keep in mind that there is no carry over of events such that we only have the history of the published materials to fall back on.