MotB ACR compilation error?

Scripted ALFA systems & related tech discussions (ACR)

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

MotB ACR compilation error?

Post by AcadiusLost »

Getting an UNDEFINED VARIABLE compilation error with acr_vfx_i.nss under MotB, just above the line where we reference VFX_DUR_BLACKOUT, which seems to have disappeared from the constants list. Oddly, commenting it out, moving the line, and deleting it, doesn't seem to fix the error, nor change what code line it is reported on.

Any ideas? The prior lines are Bigby's ones, but moving those doesn't change things either from what I could see.
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Can you do a comparison between the nwscript.nss files (MotB vs preMotB) and see what's changed? There are some old NWN1 constants which they may well have finally pulled out.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

Sorry, I missed this thread and posted to the Custom Content thread. I'm getting this compilation error when I use the old ACR 1.0 hak, too.

I tried going back to my old haks, but that didn't get rid of it. Is there anything we can do to get compilation back while you guys bughunt? Scripts that won't compile won't recognize any changes I put in, right? And new scripts won't work at all until compiled?
Enjoy the game
AcadiusLost

Post by AcadiusLost »

Scripts that call or #include acr_vfx_i.nss will not recompile until this is fixed, correct. However, the old .ncs files should persist, meaning you'll have those scripts functioning (or not) more or less as they were before the error appeared (with MotB).

If we can't narrow down the problem better, I can go through and comment vfx_i out of various places as a stopgap measure- hopefully it won't come to that, though.

I'm not sure how I'd go about doing a difference analysis of nwscript in NWN2 versus MotB, short of doing a fresh install somewhere and exporting a copy of the NWN2 version from that- even then I'm not much experienced in using file comparison utilities.
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

OK, it seems to be being called by the ACR_trigger_i. At least I've commented that include and the ACR_Trigger_Onenter/Onexit lines from each of the applicable scripts and it compiles now. If that allows me to compile changes to the scripts for now, I'm good.

Is there anything I can do by way of gruntwork that will take some work off your shoulders?
Enjoy the game
AcadiusLost

Post by AcadiusLost »

Sorted this out last night- turns out there were 5 or 6 constant VFX that were removed from the nwscript.nss, including BLACKOUT, PW_KILL, WAIL_O_BANSHEES, and a few others. When I got all the references deleted, the vfx script compiled fine.

Updated file was committed to sourceforge, and packed into a new alfa_acr.hak (now version 1.22), up for download at the usual place for the new haks. It now compiles properly under MotB 1.010.1116.