[Withdrawn] ALFA 11--Western Heartlands

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
Gelcur
Dire Badger

Post by Gelcur »

Ah sorry misunderstood. As for timing I'd have to say I'd reserve judgement on that till I see the new toolset. But I agree having a plan B is always a good thing.

*runs off to see if there is a plan B*
Spider Jones
Pit Boss

Post by Spider Jones »

Our Plan B is pretty simple and straight forward, if we can't build it, we won't. Based on what we've heard so far about the NWN2 toolset and the sizes of things, the Sunset Vale isn't going to be too hard to complete.

If we don't have enough room to build many areas between places, we'll use the world map. Currently we're planning on trying out dynamic areas as Ronan has described.

We've left out the most far reaching places and the largest city (Iriaebor) for Live status. I think out goal is entirely reachable currently, but if it's not we'll simply trim off areas outside of the central hub region (which will definetly hurt diversity as Hardbuckler is way in the north and Corm Orp might be trimmed off as well).

Most of these places are fairly close together, a 2 - 3 day ride between towns (in real time, this will of course be shortened as we're not building 1:1), so it will be fairly easy to move from one town to the next. Certain towns will likely be mostly dormant without DM attention (though there will still be static content in them, it's mostly centered around Asbravn as our hub and meet up area).
Gebb
Dire Badger

Scornubel, Triel, and Elturel

Post by Gebb »

Scornubel, Triel, and Elturel.

I may have missed it mentioned elsewhere, but will the Sunset Vale/Western Heartlands (server 11) include Scornubel, Triel, and/or Elturel at some point, or are they going to be in the server 10b, or somewhere else?

Gebb
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Spider told me they are going as far west as Hardbuckler. I am planning on building Triel and Elturel in my proposed region. Spider also told me I could have Scornubel as well, but after researching I've decided I don't have the energy to build both Elturel and it. Since Elturel was far more interesting and more central to my region Scornubel got the axe. I give it maybe a 3% chance of making it back in. Also, I'm planning on both Triel and Elturel having portals to TSV.

- HEEGZ
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

Out of curiosity, what's up with this now?
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Lusipher
Talon of Tiamat

Post by Lusipher »

Same. Im curious as well. Since Spider left ALFA whats going on with this area team?
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft.

Follow me on Twitter as: Danubus
Lusipher
Talon of Tiamat

Post by Lusipher »

bueller?.....bueller?

any...info?

Blackwill
Owlbear

Post by Blackwill »

Danubus wrote:Same. Im curious as well. Since Spider left ALFA whats going on with this area team?
Spider left alfa?
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.

~The ALFAn Hazite.

Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

He stepped down as DMA. Bt I never saw a post about leaving ALFA. His last post was Dec 19th discussing ths project.

Does anyone else on the team know the status of ths project?
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

I think a few of them are on holidays arent they?
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Lusipher
Talon of Tiamat

Post by Lusipher »

From what I gathered Spider had left all together, but that could be a mistake. He might just be taking time off after he stepped down. Im just going on what i read in IRC chat from Ronan.

I hope the server stays together or merges with Heegz's server into one WHL server. Say 2 servers covering one big region or so.

anyway, I was just curious as to what was going on since we were all wondering about updates from the servers and I knew this server had supposedly lost Spider.

ballonger
Dire Badger

Post by ballonger »

Scornubel is an important and big enough city to be it's own server, don't you think?
On the other hand you have different fingers.
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

In any case, Scornubel is not on our list of priorities: Asbarvn is our initial planned hub, I think our team would unanimously encourage any enterprising team who wanted to build it, to propose, plan, and execute. We're planning to build the Sunset Vale, not the Western Heartlands.

Oh, and Spider's back, for anyone who hadn't noticed.
Gebb
Dire Badger

Post by Gebb »

hmmm, then why not change the server name (and alfa server map)? Just kidding, kind of...
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

I really thought we did- we've always been "The Sunset Vale", from application through approval: our build forum is "11: Sunset Vale", so yeah- just the name of this topic that's screwy, I think.