ALFA 03--The Savage Frontier

For discussion and formation of server proposals and teams.
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

ALFA 03--The Savage Frontier

Post by indio »

The Silver Marches, Mithril Hall, The Savage Frontier (inc. Yartar & The Long Road)

I'm watching that Moonsea thread, Baal. Looks like you've got all the help you need, and then some. Plus, I need to stretch my legs a bit in NWN2, see where they take me.

This is my all-time favourite region. The Savage Frontier contains the perfect combination of wilderness versus civilization, raical variety and Tolkienesque villains.

I'll be hosting and scripting this server, and building every bit my co-workers let me. I'm not interested in vying for whatever prestige lies in being live first. Much more important to me is a fun, comprehensive and lore-enriched campaign setting.

The Silver Marches 3.0 source book is the primary source of canon being used, along with its lovely, lovely map.

If you'd like to join me, post here.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

The Silver Marches, Mithril Hall, The Savage Frontier (inc. Yartar & The Long Road)
Is overjoyed. :D

*plans how Dorns long lost brother returns to the region...by the name of Por...hmm*

Edit: Ooop,sorry i just saw this is for folk wanting to sign up only (which i cant). But excellent to see one of ALFAs best places being built...even if it's a HUUUUUUGE area (but they all seem to be)
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
Overfilled Cup
Orc Champion

Post by Overfilled Cup »

Ill shortlist here. Any ideas on others that might join the team?
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

OC, you're very welcome should you chose to grace the marches with your presence. Few DMs have as much style or tact and I'd be honoured to work with you.

There are DMs who I'd like to have join for their unsurpassed building prowess, others for their scripting talents, and others still for the sheer pleasure of their company, but I'm happy for whoever wants to work on the marches sign up without invitation.
Donrath
Dire Badger

Post by Donrath »

Indio,

I'm thinking I'd like to join up with your server team. Let me know, as the area is one of my favorites, and I'm dying to make a stab at Mithral Hall.

Don
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Donrath, Bool was only ever full of praise for your work. I'd really be thrilled to work witth you.
Bool
Orc Champion

Post by Bool »

On cue.

I'm in.
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Well, there's noone I'd rather work with more.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

hmmm....

who's doing Silverymoon?
Duck One

Some guy who used to do some work 'round here.
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Duck old boy, if building Silvy was sufficient enticement to gain your services, I can't see how anybody in their right mind would question it.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

but who would program the universtiy? Hint.
Duck One

indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

Well, scripts will carry over. It may be that what exists can be relocated.

I didn't realise you were a code monkey. Are you suggesting you'd like to code a new university? Bool is an excellent scripter, if you wanted to work on it with someone.

At this stage of the game, Duck, the prospect of having you around is far outweighing any concern of mine, or anyone elses, of who does what. The Savage Frontier is a massive region and we need not be concerned that our thirsts will not be slaked.
Racerblue
Dire Badger

Post by Racerblue »

If nothing happens with Cormyr for NWN2, I'd like to throw my hat in with you guys...
indio
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by indio »

That would be fantastic (not the Cormyr part). Would love to have you on board, RB.
Duck One
Orc Champion

Post by Duck One »

indio wrote:Well, scripts will carry over. It may be that what exists can be relocated.

I didn't realise you were a code monkey. Are you suggesting you'd like to code a new university? Bool is an excellent scripter, if you wanted to work on it with someone.

At this stage of the game, Duck, the prospect of having you around is far outweighing any concern of mine, or anyone elses, of who does what. The Savage Frontier is a massive region and we need not be concerned that our thirsts will not be slaked.
the "hint" part was directed at a certain someone...the original programmer of the university....the one who said she'd never, ever DM, or run for office.
Duck One