Performance + synergy bonuses (?)

Ideas and suggestions for game mechanics and rules.
puny
Dungeon Master

Performance + synergy bonuses (?)

Post by puny »

Ive been thinking about this on and off, for some time now, is there any reason to why we dont have synergy bonuses for perform skills?

Some of the possible synergy suggestions that easily comes to mind:

Comedy: Acting, Oratory, bluff, diplomacy
Acting: Comedy, oratory, bluff, diplomacy
Dance: tumble, balance, jump
All the musical perform skills: all or many musical perform skills

Writing from cellphobe so ill cut it short and eventually comewith arguments later, just felt like throwing this out into the pond of brainstorming
kid
Dungeon Master

Re: Performance + synergy bonuses (?)

Post by kid »

Just becuase we think it would make sense or does this have any sourse book backing?
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

It doesn't have any source backing that I know of, no.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

At least SRD doesn't know of such synergies:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingS ... illSynergy

And well, I suppose bards generally aren't wanting for skill points to put to the likes of bluff and diplo already ;)

It does beckon a question how are the other synergies? Canonically existing ones I don't think are yet implemented to ALFA? Many of the synergies are conditional which makes exact reproduction impossible. But we could do a blanket rule where canonical unconditional synergy is +2, canonical synergy in a common use case means blanket +1 with us, and fringe case synergy means no benefit at ALFA.
SwordSaintMusashi
Mook

Post by SwordSaintMusashi »

t-ice wrote:At least SRD doesn't know of such synergies:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/usingS ... illSynergy

And well, I suppose bards generally aren't wanting for skill points to put to the likes of bluff and diplo already ;)

It does beckon a question how are the other synergies? Canonically existing ones I don't think are yet implemented to ALFA? Many of the synergies are conditional which makes exact reproduction impossible. But we could do a blanket rule where canonical unconditional synergy is +2, canonical synergy in a common use case means blanket +1 with us, and fringe case synergy means no benefit at ALFA.
The canon synergies are already applied in the dice roller (If you have 5 ranks in tumble, you get +2 Jump, etc). The situational synergy bonuses are valid as well, just have to inform your DM when they come up.
Current PCs:
Zova Earth Breaker, Monk of Rasheman
Alyra Ashedown, Knight Commander of Silverymoon