Adventurer's Guild Information for members

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, NWN1 - WD DM

jmecha
Illithid

Adventurer's Guild Information for members

Post by jmecha »

*Vale Clearwaters would take the time to summon the current members of the Adventurer's Guild together and share the following with them.*

"There are dangerous and malevolent forces working against the population of the city of Waterdeep and the region. Know, that I do not Know all the truths of these factions and forces, much and more remains unknown. I do not share this with you in an effort to rally you against these forces and factions. I share what I know with you so you may move forward in the directions of your own choosing as well informed about the dangers and threats as I can make you."

"What I share with you next is a threat known to the City Watch and Officials, we have been asked to not share this threat with the public. It is the concern of the City's Officials that knowledge of this threat might cause wide spread panic. I am entrusting you to act responsibly with what I share next."

"Deep within the City's Sewer System an Aboleth has made it's self a lair, and has begun working to spread it's influence. The Aboleth is an ancient race of beings that predate this world and many others. Aboleth are Psionic beings capable of crushing the minds of those it can reach, and turn otherwise free thinking beings into it's servant thralls. The Aboleth to the best of my knowledge has not managed to extend it's influence outside the sewer systems because of the resistance it has been facing by the existing subterranean power structures. Currently the Aboleth has a large following of aquatic beings....it is unknown if they are Koa-toa or Sahuagin. Know, the Aboleth's physical form emits a thick mucus that can be used when in contact with other beings to help bend their minds to it's will. The Aboleth has managed to bend the minds of several member so Xanthar's Guild and City Guard who have patrolled the Lower Sewers....though actual counts remain unknown."

"The Existing Power Structures of the Lower Sewers have been working in concert to drive back the threat that is the Aboleth. Much of this maybe inaccurate and misunderstood....it though is currently the best understanding I have to share with you. The Xanthar Guild, and Drow within the region recognize the Aboleth as a direct threat to their organizations and existence, and so have been working to fight back the Aboleth's forces. In an effort to preserve their own numbers and strength, the Xanthar Guild and Drow of the region have organized the Goblin Tribes to serve as their disposable soldiers in the fight against the Aboleth."

"There appear to be three Goblin Tribes now working in concert under the motivations provided by the Drow and Xanthar Guild. The three tribes are the Slimey Sewer Goblin Tribe, The Plains Tribe which are the Zartuss Hobgoblins who have recently made Kryptgarden their well defended home, and the Mountain Tribe who is yet to be properly identified. The goblins are working together to not only combat the Aboleth's forces from the sewers, but also appear to be responsible for carrying surface herbs such as poppy overland and into the sewers where they are exchanged with members of the Xanthar Guild to then be further processed and used for wealth upon the markets of Skull Port."

"In exchange for their efforts the Goblin Tribes have been receiving arms and armor to better defend themselves against the threat of surface adventurers from above as well as the threat of Aboleth forces from below."

"That being said......after having recently investigated a missing shipment of Darksteel that was intercepted by raiders as it enter the Westwood after leaving Hope Valley Mining Camp, I have reason to suspect the Drow make use of a connection between the surface world and the Underdark hidden somewhere within Kryptgarden."

"Any information any of you have to provide regarding these factions or affairs is welcomed, as are your questions."

"Not long ago a man passed through the Unicorn Inn, a man who was described as raving man with slime leaking from his head. This man was heard making claims that he found a means to attain freedom and stop the voices. If any of you acquire information that might help find this man, I would meet him."
Last edited by jmecha on Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
jmecha
Illithid

Re: Adventurer's Guild Information for members

Post by jmecha »

*Vale Clearwaters continues*

"There is also the matter of the Malarites of the Westwood. I have heard that there is a Druid Circle of the Westwood known as the Dusk Circle. Know I have not met them, though I have been told they are greatly concerned with the Malarites will soon consume the Westwood and ruin it possibly beyond repair."

*he visibly hesitates for a moment, before continuing*

"In addition to the threat the Malarites pose to the Westwood, the Font of Knowledge's learned are concerned that the Malarite Clergy have been working to construct a new form of illness that blends the curse of lycanthropy with the diseases breed within the Rat Hills vermin. It appears the illness spread through animals faster then it does people, and leaves animals transformed into something resembling a Dire form of their previous existence. It is suspected it is the goal of the Malarites to see this new illness spread from the Rat hills to the City's Population, and in time turn the population into malformed blood lusting savages who then set themselves upon tearing each other apart."

"Members of the Thayan Enclave as well as members of this Guild have been working to provide research samples to the Font of Knowledge so the learned may work to find a means of preventing this illness from spreading. Currently the Font of Knowledge has an open request for a sample of the suspected source of the illness, they have asked the corpse of a Lycanthrophy from within the Malarite Den be brought to them for study."
Last edited by jmecha on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethbaal
Dire Badger

Post by Ethbaal »

((Swine Flu))
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

Ethbaal wrote:((Swine Flu))
*ManBearPig Flu
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Akivaria
Orc Champion

Post by Akivaria »

*looks up from her drunken stupor*

*lays her head back down on the table*

Fookin' 'ell.
"This is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

Current PC: Alora Tuffet-Hopper, foul-mouthed and irreverent bard
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Vale would inform the members of the guild of the following.....

" Know that several members of the Lhundeavn Trading Company, a Thayan, and myself have recently provided aid to the Elven enclave of the Westwood."

" The Malarites had stolen the Portal Stone the Elven Enclave needed to travel from the Temple of the Selendrie here in Waterdeep and back again. We managed to reach the depths of the Malarite caverns and reclaim the Portal Stone for the Westwood Elves."

" I do not Know if the Malarites have been defeated.....I though do Know they suffered uncounted casualties to their numbers, and the Portal between the Temple of the Selendrie and the Westwood elves is once more operational."
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Vale would inform the members of the Adventurer's Guild of the following.....

"There appears to be a new threat rising within the region. Some Elves of the Westwood have been reported missing by members of their community. The missing Elves have been seen exposing themselves to cold and leaving leaf wrapped journey bread as offerings before disappearing."

"Within the City Streets a large and powerful Yeti was found and confronted, know it was reported to have called out for it's minions to fight fight before it was slain."

" An Elven Ranger of the Westwoods was found to be a deceiver willing to commit acts of violence to conceal her secrets that tie her to appearance of the Yeti and the disappearance of other Elves. Upon her was found an Enchanted dagger marked as a gift to the Ice Queen's faithful. When questioned about this, she claimed such was never her's and must have been planted upon her."

"Within a Tenday I am to stand before a City Magistrate to answer for the conflict that existed between this Ranger and myself. If I am indisposed by this matter, Algorus has been charged with tending to the Guild in my absence."

" Most importantly.....there have been reports of a demon possesed cat speaking of the coming of Kringus. I am told this Kringus is a Demon, and may have psionic capablities. I ask all of you who are capable of researching this being to do so. If this Demonic being is tied to the missing elves and is a threat to our safty and the safty of the region I would have us as well informed of it as we can be."
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Vale would inform the Guild Members......

"Our own Raldin Thunderbeard has learned that understanding the frozen cask of ale presented to him in a divination will lead us to understanding the threat before us."

" Almost immediately after learning such our Algorus revealed that after hours of researching the Demon's name at the Font of Knowlege, the only record bearing that name was in refference to an inventor named Feltus Spindriver who created a means of keeping beverages cold. Feltus Spindriver's invention shares the same name as the Demon."

" We have questioned the Half Forge and Half Pint of the Warren's about this Feltus Spindriver and they had no knowledge of him to share with us."

"We have questioned the Clergy of the Inspired Hands, temple of Gond about Feltus Spindriver and his invention and they had no Knowledge to share with us."

" I have enlisted the aid of Sarenna to speak with the various owners and staff of the City's Taverns, Inns, Feast Halls, and other drinking establishments to see if any of them know of this Feltus Spinner and his Invention."

" Know I do not understand the connection between Feltus Spindriver's work and the Demon......but for now it is the only lead that I am aware of, and so we work to follow it until another is discovered or all options in relation to this one are exhausted."
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Post by Stormbringer »

Kal leaves a message for Vale.

Vale. After some searching we spotted another yeti in the city. Falim and myself were attacked soon after by what appeared to be a feral cat. We gave chase as it fled to the North Wards, where we lost sight of it. We searched around and Falim spotted a Yeti on a lower terrace. We dropped down and it attacked us so we killed it. We followed several track to the north where they split up. We killed no less than three others and the last one was near the Ogre Cave. I went in to investigate and heard a high pitched voice conferring with gruff voices. There were no Ogres near the entrance.
Kal
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Sarenna walks into the Guild and speaks with Vana:

“Hello, Vana...listen, I know I said we’d get out together last tenday. Some things have come up to keep me busy. Next tenday, all right? I miss you too. I heard about the rats! I don’t blame you for wanting to get the hells out of here as often as you can.”

“I need you to tell Vale and the other Guildies something for me, though. Let them know I found out that Spindriver...you want to write this down? You should write this down. All right, but keep it straight, this is important. Feltus Spindriver. He had an inn of his own, up in Cliffwatch, north of the City of the Dead. And tell Vale that the man I spoke to said he was famous for his chilled drinks, especially one called egg nog...hells if I know, I never had it. Sounds disgusting though.”

“Anyway, the Inn burned down quite a while ago and no one’s seen Feltus since. But we should definitely get some people together and go have a look at the Inn ruins.”

“Tell them the first chance you have, Vana. These cult bastards are dangerous. We need to get ahead of this. I’m up in the Westwood for a while but tell them I’ll help when I’m back.”

“You take care of yerself, Vana. You look pale. Keep an eye out for rats, all right?”
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Wearing snow and blood covered robes, and standing within the the guild great hall which smells strongly of wet yeti, Vale Clearwater announces the following to the members.

"A band of volunteers has returned to the Frozen Tunnels beneath Feltus Spindriver's former Inn, and I share with you now our findings."

"Our own Daladin, after making a study of the devices within the caverns, as well as ancient runes upon the walls has determined the site is a holy place dedicated to the Ice Queen that predates the City of Waterdeep. Water Elementals are being trapped within large magical devices that then appear to generate cold."

"In addition to this, Daladin has also determines that the Frozen Water Elementals are vunerable to Lighting and Electricity."

"According to Feltus Spindriver's own journal, it appears he entered into an arrangement with Aurilites and was using said trapped Water Elementals as a means of unlimited cold Energy to serve chilled drinks at his Inn. By his own words he intended to betray the Aurlites once his Inn was popular enough. We found what we believe are the bones of Feltus Spindrive within the snows of the tunnels."

"Sarenna has read what she describes as nonsensical words upon a stone wall within the cave that spoke of the Demon Cat and Pine Needles. Sarenna has expressed the need for more time to reflect upon what she has read."
Peter_Abelard
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Peter_Abelard »

Sarenna leaves a short letter for Vale with Vana, written in Espruar:

Vale,

The runes were very old, as best I can tell, but told of a ritual. It spoke of an Ice Demon, sacred and favoured by Auril, and of how it could be brought forth at a prescribed time, a Yule Tide. The details of the Ritual itself were mostly indecipherable, but the need of material components was clear enough.

Cats, Vale. And the needles of pine trees.

I will do what I can to uncover when this Yule Tide was supposed to occur. Speak to the Guild, and I will raise the Company again. I'm working to make use of what Daladin told us of how to hurt them. Call on your enchanters to do the same.

Have you thought about what I asked of you, Vale? Mending what's broken between us is not just about what you did to me. This is bigger than what either of us want, or need.

Think of the Rrakma.

Sarenna
Character arcs are sharp, pointy little things. A little blood may spill!

Now Playing: Luva Si'nede, Olivus Angustian
Past Characters: Valyar Floshin, Sarenna Irithyl, Millicent Riverstone, Dev Revels, Catarina Helms, Fenris Estelmer, Arryn Temple, Penrose Hawke, Kara Ravensfell, Arana Belecthor
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Vale would let it be known to the Guild..........

"In my absence the Magister found me guilty of assault and blasphemy. I was given the choice of paying a fine and accepting an edict to never again interfere with the Temple of the Selendrie with efforts to recruit for my cult, or to appeal to the Magister."

"Know that I choose to pay the fine."

Vale then continues to inform the guild.....

"The attacks from the Cult of the Ice Queen persist and appear to have no end in sight. I would ask any of you willing and capable of aiding in this matter to do so by working to better understand those that have made myself their target."

"We Know the Ice Caverns beneath Cliff Watch where they lair are a sacred site to the Ice Queen that predates the City of Waterdeep."
"We Know that Feltus Spindriver the former owner of the Inn above the Ice Caverns to have once entered into a pact witht he Ice Queen's Cult to use the Ice Caverns to entrap Water Elementals in large magical devices to generate unlimited amounts of Cold Energy."
"We Know Feltus Spindriver decided to in time break his pact with the Cult of the Ice Queen and has been slain within the Ice Caverns."
"We Know the Demon the are working to summon, or have summoned is associated with the Yule Tide, Pine Needles, and Felines."
"We know Cultists of the Ice Queen have been leaving out offerings of travel bread wrapped in leaves, and appear to be made up of Elves who have abandoned the Seldarine in favor of the Ice Queen."
"We Know the Demon's name to be Kringus, the same name Feltus Spindriver used to name his invention used to chill the drinks at his Inn before his death."
"We Know the Frozen Water Elementals within the Ice Caverns to be nearly invulnerable to all elemental attacks save Electricity, which appears to harm them greatly."
"We have reason to suspect there exists a secondary entrance to the Ice Caverns, perhaps located within the Lower Sewers somewhere to the North Eastern regions of the City, near the Ogre controlled tunnels."

"Know that I have no intentions of leading a third frontal assault against the near endless frozen water elementals, Yetis, and the extremely deadly and capable elven cultists of the Ice Queen......not until we know enough to plan for success and rally the forces needed to secure it."

"If any of you have questions....seek me out and ask, I will answer to the best of my ability to do so."
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

*With his attire adorned with the mire of the lower sewers and battle, Vale Clearwaters would gather the Guild Members for an announcement. Despite his appearance being that of one exhausted and his words speaking of defeat, his tone remains stern and steadfast.*

"Know that along with several members of the Company, we successfully navigated the lower sewers to recover the relic Kal was told to fetch on behalf of the Umberlants. The Relic in question was a small transparent orb filled with all the blues of the ocean and the white foams of a wave's crest.....it was a marvelous to behold as it is dangerous....and it is Known as the Tide Pod."

*he stops to nod solemnly*

We recovered the Tide Pod and Keryn made use of her Art to see us all teleport back to the Adventurer's Quarter, where immediately upon arrival we were set upon by Large Air Elementals and a Man in Black Robes who appeared as if he traveled as lighting, and fought as if he was a true master of Monastic Practices and Martial Prowess. The Man in Black's arrival marked a noticeable distortion within the fabric of reality....it was as if the Weave it's self wanted to scream and flee from his presence. During our brief encounter....wands failed to function and even well practiced magics arcana acted erratic and in unpredictable manners. Sometimes a spell would surge with energy unpredictable...and other times fail to manifest beyond the audible fizzling sound of failure.

*he takes a deep breath and then slowly exhales*

Before the Air Elementals were defeated...the Man in Black took his leave as quickly as he had arrived. Together the Company and I traveled to Selune's House of the Moon Temple where it was our intention to see the relic of the Tide Pod delivered....only to find that the Man in Black had used the chaos of combat as an opportunity to snatch it away from Kal's possessions.

We failed to see the Tide Pod delivered to the House of the Moon....instead it we carried it to within the reach of the servants of the Furies....and one I suspect is a servant of the Storm Lord took it from us.

*he takes a slow and visibly deliberate deep breath*

It appears the Furies are working in concert and alliance with each other......and I do not Know what their true aim or purpose is.....Dare and Beware members of the Adventurer's Guild.....we do not Know what is next to come.
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Cornelius listens, then adds his own story.

Tasma and I decided to aid your struggle with the Aurilites rather than descend into the depths of the lower sewers. Rumors have been spread saying there is a passage between the upper sewers and their frozen lair. Gratni and Asher accompanied us. We descended into the sewers in the northern part of the city, near the North Gates. We explored east and then south within the nearby side tunnels but were forced to retreat from a large ooze which kept splitting and multiplying. We learned later it was slashing and piercing weapons which triggered this. Upon retreating back north towards our entry point, we encountered a water elemental. This we defeated and it gave us confidence that we were on the correct path to find the secret passage. However, while searching now back to the west, we encountered a large chest which moved as if alive. It attacked us by grappling and holding its victims while devouring our possessions. Somehow we were able to break from its grip ... perhaps it's hunger was satiated by our gear. We ran for our lives to the same ladder we had descended and broke to the surface. Luckily, all survived. We feel we were on the right path but know not how to defeat this guardian.
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson