Well, I created a PC, but I have a problem...

Forum group for all new player discussions.
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Well, I created a PC, but I have a problem...

Post by Wild Wombat »

I created Hobart Floyt on BG, but I guess I missed something since I never saw a place to select feats.

Now, I did select a background (i.e. location feat which gave the PC default languages etc.) but I somehow skipped the screen to select the feat I wanted (Power Attack). I guess I should have practiced character creation with the OC, but I figured it would be obvious. See, I told you I am a N00b.

I assume that I will have to work with a DM at some point to rectify this... should I post in the BG forum, or would I be able to log into any server and have it done by a DM?

I did not leave the starting area. It took me a loooong time to equip Hobart, lol. I will leave at some point since I hope not to put Hobart in a position where the lack of Power Attack kills him.

Sorry for already being a pain in the butt!

*Note that I am leaving now my comp now... I am not in a huge rush to get this done, and don't expect anybody else to be either!
Current NWN1: Murgen Kjarnisteinn (AKA Grumpy Scout)

Current NWN2: Muir Cheartach, AKA The Pale Faced Pie Man

R.I.P.: Croaker Lyosbarr, Knight of Yartar, Lord of Lhuvenhead (NWN1)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Well, I created a PC, but I have a problem...

Post by Zelknolf »

It should be impossible to make a character without selecting a feat-- probably picked one and then forgot.

Step 1 is to make sure that you can take power attack (Str 13+) and then to check your character sheet to make sure that you didn't take it and then forget about it. If you didn't, look for the feat that you did take-- and then if you can find it, the server's HDM (in this case, Paazin) can change your toon, approve someone on tech to change you, or delegate the decision to someone on the BG DM team. If you indeed haven't left the start area, it probably won't be a big deal-- things only get complicated if you run around using the feat and then want to change it.
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

It looks like you nailed it, Zelknoff.

Hobart is a Barb and he has a feat named "Extra Rage". I honestly have no idea how in the world I selected it though! I certainly did not intend to. (He easily qualifies for the STR 13 check to get Power Attack too... that I did not screw up.)

That said, I don't want to make waves about this. If it is any trouble to make this change, then I guess Hobart will just be a bit more angry than I expected him to be. :D

I will contact Paazin and see what can be done though. Thanks again Zelknoff.

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Well, I decided to just retire the fubared PC and start over.

And the exact same thing happened! So, I broke down and created a PC in the OC and figured it out. There is this little button when you are creating the PC that says "customize" if you don't select that, it gives you a default package and lo and behold, the first default package for Barbs has the feat chosen as Extra Rage. *blushes*

Third time is a charm, and I finally have the PC I intended to have.

Told you guys I am still a n00b! :P

wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

*laughs*

Nice!

:-)

-Bill
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.