An Unlikely Messenger.

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
Template-I
Skeleton's Knuckle

An Unlikely Messenger.

Post by Template-I »

Anxiety! Heavy Breathing! The pitter patter of small feet on crunchy leaves. These were the sounds present as the mother turned and screamed at her Pursuers! The hounds were closing their distance and soon they would catch her and her children. Running harder and harder, the sounds beheind her growing louder and louder! Dashing through the under brush weaving through the trees's she knew if she stopped now and tried to climb it would be her death sentence. In a flurry of panic she emerged from the edge of the forest.

SALVATION!!!

A Bright light in the night, a beacon of hope, but it was fading. Pressing on harder she just managed to slip into the building before the door had closed on her. The sounds of barking could be heard outside. Heart pounding, her chest felt it was bound to collapse. Looking around cautiously she saw a giant sleeping, and the room smelled deeply of blood. Backing into the corner the giant began to rouse from his sleep! It made unintelligible sounds, she realized this was it. She couldn't save her children, she showed her teeth and started to scream! A bright light appeared in the beings fingers. The unintelligble sounds became familiar...

"Hello there, Don't mind the hounds, you're safe here, I'm Elero" the Red haired giant smiled down at the small Opossum that had clamored its way to safety in the comfort of his home. She quickly scurried up and into his bed when the dogs began to bark behind her. Slowly 12 babies climbed down from her back and into the lap of the druid, much to his delight. "They shall not hurt your Joeys, you must be quite exhausted." Elero smiled listening to the squabbles of her various young, as the amassed into an amorphous cuddle puddle in the divot of his lap. Pulling a small bowl down he filled it with water, setting it down in front of the mother to refresh her self. Looking down at the mother opossum, as he pet her gently he mused. "Perhaps you can do me a favor..?"
Template-I
Skeleton's Knuckle

Re: An Unlikely Messenger.

Post by Template-I »

Pant, Pant, Pant, the Opossum mother waddled across the soft forest floor. This is what she gets for cavorting with giants. He did save my joey's though... Shaking her head she continued the slow trudge toward the gates of Waterdeep, rolled message in tow, wrapped by her prehensile tail. Crossing through the gates, she narrowly avoided suspicion from the guard, using shadows to her advantage. There was the instance where she rounded the corner to face a guard but this simply resulted in them both screaming at one another and running in the opposite directions. The mother couldn't help but think how she regretted her dealings with read headed giants.
The young mother traveled down countless alleys and streets, balancing along fences and clothes lines. Driven to complete her task, and complaining every step of the way. The wriggling panic attack personified, grumpily manuevered through the market place. After making a few stops beneah some choice food stalls, she could be seen running off toward the west with a tiny handful of Ka-bobs. Sitting down against an alley way building she began to happily devour the Ka-bobs savoring a moment with our 12 tiny voices yelling in her ear about this, that and the other thing. Sighing deeply she finished off the last of the beef before washing it all down with a long draft of puddle water.

The magic told her she was close to the recipient, her lips quivered as her anxiety rose. What if they weren't here, what if the magic doesnt wear off!?! The large structure was very perplexing, the mother walked up the stairs and placed her tiny grabby hands upon the door. trying to no avail to push it. A look of panic too over her face, she scratched at the door some more, pacing back and forth, pacing back and forth. It seemed like countless hours... and she was so tired, a small nap wouldn... yeah.

Snoring softly in the corner the mother began to stir as the sound of the door nearby began to open. Smacking her lips she scritched at her side her eyes slowly acquainting to the light, until the magic snapped her back to the present. This was her, this was the "Bun Lady" but she didn't have any bread... doesn't smell like buns... But this is bun lady! The magic knew! Yes! The seeker began to head down the stairs out into the street before the the opossum chased her. Alarming her, the two exclamined! The opossum screamed at Clarianna, before taking the rolled scroll message and using her grabby hands to throw it at the seeker. Screaming once more the opossum waddled off into the darkness only to look back once more on the edge of night...
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Re: An Unlikely Messenger.

Post by ayergo »

Haha, very well done!
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind