A Goblin Ambush

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
TrinStonemender
Goblin Scout

A Goblin Ambush

Post by TrinStonemender »

Slowly the caravan marched toward through the westwood toward Waterdeep. Little knowing that a horde of goblin’s lay in wait deep in the shadows. It was unusual for goblin’s to be in this area due to they were far from their usual den. They had a special reason to be here thou. Tonight, was the Blood Moon and their God Maglubiyet demanded child sacrifices. The goblins outnumbered the Caravan 10 to 1 eyeing the many family’s that where trying to make a new life in Waterdeep. With there spell caster’s they started casting their spells. In came the fire balls to destroy the head wagon and the rear wagon. Their fate’s where sealed in came the arrows and rock’s aiming at the soldiers first then the parents of the children.
Two Dwarves made it past the blockade of Goblins and made a run for it. The Male Dwarf shrugging off Goblin’s and killing them with his mighty battle axe he cleared a path for his wife and the crying baby she clutched it like her life depended on it. They fought their way to a clearing and that’s when 3 goblin clerics stepped in front of the two and cast their spell’s. Hold person, the first two failed at the enraged Dwarf but the third…took effect. The strong Dwarf in his horror found his strength leaving him.
The goblin Cleric walked up to the sobbing female dwarf and ripped the crying baby from the woman. The other goblin Cleric then stabbed the woman in front of the Dwarf with a evil grin and laughing. The next moment a large goblin with a large rock at the end of a stick smashed the Male Dwarf’s head in.
At dusk shadows weaved their way through the forest. Pausing looking at the scene Ryinnom Dannihyr gave hand signals to the others, 10 in all, to look for survivors. Looking at the ground at all the dead goblin’s he stared at them with dead eyes. “Ryinnom” came a whisper from behind him, “We found a survivor”. Ryinnom whispered back “Good, bring him to me”. The shadow then said, “He refuses to leave his wife, she’s almost dead and say’s he’d brather die than leave her”. Ryinnom mouth tightened and said “Very well I’ll see what he has to say”.
When Ryinnom came into the clearing he saw 10 dead goblins’ surrounding the dwarf. Ryinnom said” where did the goblin’s go dwarf?” The dwarf with blood on his head said ”They took him to Rat’s Hill I’m sure of it, Save my boy…Trin Stonemender be his name. They have a den in that area I’ve heard never…knew they would come this far. Please save my wife also is there a cleric here!?. She be on death’s door and I can’t bare to lose her. She’s the love of me life.
The dwarven woman looked at Ryinnom with sad eye’s as Ryinnom gave his men the signal. A arrow went through the dwarf’s head as the red headed dwarf slumped over his wife. “Sorry, we aren’t in the business of charity”. He looked at the dwarven wife’s face looking at him with horror and said,” We’ll take good care of your baby and the other children the Goblin’s took. It’s payback for all the drug’s they stole from us.
Ryinnom then said to his men, “loot the bodies and look for anything worthwhile that the goblin’s missed…we head to Rat Hill.”
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Re: A Goblin Ambush

Post by ayergo »

Really like the interspersing of pictures in there!
There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
TrinStonemender
Goblin Scout

Threw the forest treaded the goblins. The babies and toddlers were stuffed in backpack’s and given a potion to make them sleep. After 2 hours of travel they came upon a ritual site with a large skull pot in the center. A large heavily adorned cleric stepped forward and smiled. “bring the human spawn and lay them around the skull so I can examine them. They all laughed and giggled as they pulled the unconscious children and laid them on the ground. “Chiahbogz we did good eh, we get em good” one of the goblin’s pointed at Trin, “Dat one’s pa he no go down easy he kill bunch of us!” Chihabogz eye’s narrowed and growled “That one from da dwarven scum. We goin to sacrificed the turd first!” Chihabogz then spit on Trin and lifted Trin high up in the air. All the goblin’s cheered chanting the name Maglubiyet over and over.
The Goblin carried Trin to the large skull pot looking up at the Blood Moon high above he said “Maglubiyet grant us power to kill dem human scum, we gift you des babies so you make us strong ok? You take dar souls and use it to grant us power ok!”. The Large Skull pot then started to turn a dark red as it eagerly seemed to be waiting for Trin to be put in.
Thunk….Thunk, Thunk, Thunk. Chihabogz looked around and noticed that goblins were dropping asleep all around him. The cleric’s and warlocks looked around in confusion and shock as arrow’s and thrown daggers struck them. It seemed the shadows had come alive as in just mere seconds the goblin’s dropped like flies. The shadow’s blended in and slit throats left and right leaving only Chihabogz standing.
Chaihabogz threw Trin to the ground and attempted a sonic blast but got interrupted when a thrown dagger lodged in his chest. Falling to the ground Chailhabogz tried to pull the dagger out when a foot held him down and a figure started pressing the dagger back into him. Chailhabogz desperately tried a healing spell and growled “filthy human a curse on your soul”.
A blond headed figure then smiled “all I hear is gibbly gook from you filthy creatures, wish you understood there’s a price to pay for stealing our drug supply”
Chaihabogz was able to cast a healing spell but he noticed something weird from the dagger, dripping from a green liquid, the pain and damage it was doing to the goblins body couldn’t keep up with his healing. Slowly Chaihabogz died as he prayed to Maglubiyet to avenge his death.
Rhinnom Dannihyr then stood up, “Gather all the babies, we head to Amnian” looking down at the crying baby dwarf Rhinnom said “So….you must be Trin Stonemender”
TrinStonemender
Goblin Scout

“Come on Trin! You slow ass Dwarf” snickered Garner. Pulling up Trin onto the roof, The two halflings Garner Snickerbottom and Hollylynn Trickfoot both laughed as Trin almost looked sick as he looked down from the roof. “I hate this shit” gumbled Trin “can you explain to me why we have to do this again?”.
Garner said “ya know the reason Trin, it’s part of our training. To move from roof to roof avoids the guard’s and prying eye’s!”. Hollylynn then smacked Trin’s behind causing Trin to grasp the roof in desperation. “Don’t Holly! I’m not as agile as you!”.
“Just extra training Trin, ya never know when something may sneak up behind ya and attack ya! If I didn’t do stuff like that then it would be like I didn’t care about ya Trin!” Winked Holly. With that Trin’s heart raced as he grew silent, he always had a secret crush for Holly, but her being a halfling Trin didn’t know how to tell her that he cared a lot about her. Ever since they were babe’s Holly had been his best friend and always stuck up for him when others bullied Trin. Garner, Holly, and Trin had formed a close friendship. The overseers let them stick together due to they seemed to have a chemistry with one another.
“Well Well look at dis” all three jumped as they heard the voice from the shadow…from behind the chimney slowly the face of their overseer trainer Jake Wendle appeared. “All ye need to check the shadows as soon as ye arrive at each place, All yea can head back and consider this mission failed. I’ve decided to break this little group up and send ye all back to the beginner shitheads.”
“NO NO!” yelled Trin “Give us another chance! If we fail the mission, we’ll do double punishment. Give us a chance!”. Trin couldn’t bare being separated from Holly. Trin looked over at Holly and Garner as Holly started to cry.
Jake rubbed his stubbly chin looking at Holly's tear filled face Jake sighed and paused “hmm, I guess I do have a something I could get ya three to fetch for me. Seems there be a shop that has a nice dagger I been wantin. Eyeing Garner hmmm I need yu to crawl through a small openin and open that door. Be careful of alarm’s and traps you three. Get ya self some grease Garner it’s that small of a opening. Looking at Trin ”since you’re the best lock picker in tha group ya may have to open a door and maybe a chest not sure where he’s got the dagger. The dagger gots a small glow to it and has a naked lady handle can’t miss it. Jake then handed a map and layout of the house. Was goin to do this myself with a buddy but goin to give you guys a chance. If ye get caught and finger me I’ll slit your throats myself got that!
“Aye Jake don’t ye worry” stuttered Trin “ye won’t regret this we’ll get er done and ye’ll have your knife err dagger”
Jake smiled, "good that’s what I wanna hear. You get that dagger and I’ll personally put ya all in for journeymen!"
All three eye’s lit up, they all knew what journeymen ment. More freedom and control over there lives. Excited Trin said to the two “let’s head out we’ve got work to do”
After the three left Jake paused and turned around and spoke into the shadow’s “Rhinnom, not sure what ye after sending them for this fool mission. It would be even tough for even me to pull off.”
Rhinnom appeared seemingly out of nowhere from the shadows….” Jake…ya can’t make a strong blade without fire…and Trin and his group are about to be thrown in” Rhinnom snickered.
TrinStonemender
Goblin Scout

On top of the roof Trin and the Two halflings watched the patrol walk past. Timing it from the last patrol they felt they had enough time to sneak in, search, deactivate any trap’s and high tail it out before the patrol came around again. After the patrol rounded a corner Trin took the crossbow and aimed at the top of attic window. With a strong twine attached he shot the arrow. Wizzing through the air the specially made arrow sunk into the wood with a satisfying thunk Trin then tied it off to a stake. After pausing a while and seeing no disturbance Trin then took a leather strap and tied it off to Garner’s belt. “Alright Garner grab ahold tight to each side of the strap the twine’s been magically enhanced to stay strong, wear these gloves to slow your decent the closer you get to the window, no noise if ya can Garner”, whispered Trin. Garner nodded with a nervous look he smiled at Holly. “A kiss for luck Holly?” Trin grumbled “stop wastin time let’s go before the patrol come’s thru again”. “All right Trin I won’t let ya down” Garner said as he started the slide down the twine, he flawlessly stopped in front of the small opening Garner used his short sword and began his work. Prying the wood out he removed what was there and placed it inside of the room. As Garner began to apply the grease Trin and Holly made there way down and made their way to the back of the building and waited for Garner to open the door.
After what seemed forever Trin and Holly heard a click as the door opened with Garner smiling. “What took ya so long?” grumbled Trin. With a small glow lamp Garner whispered “Trapped stair’s, if I hadn’t seen that step on the stair’s I would a slid down to a trap door at tha bottom. Who knows what would a happened after that! There was an empty bedroom but no one’s around come on in!”. Trin and Holly snuck in and looked around. “hmmm not much here seems like where it is it’s going to be hidden somewhere. Everyone search around and for Gods sake don’t trip any alarm’s or traps.”
Both halflings searched around the house checking the walls and floors for trap doors. Trin pointed at the rug in front of the fire place. “Check under thar look for anything weird under there.” Garner checked it out and found nothing. Hmm. Looking at the fireplace and Trin noticed some statues on the mantel of the fire place. Wonder why this drab place would have statues. Trin started fiddling with it and sure enough he was able to figure out there was a moving part where the statue held a dagger. *click* looking down and were the rug used to be, a trap door unlatched up. “Trin!” Smiled Holly “you’re so smart!” Trin chuckled “Well this isn’t over yet we need to keep on our toe’s”. Trin tied off a glow lamp to a rope and lowered it slowly down. Sticking his head in he looked around and saw no guardians and a door at the other end of the room. “Garner head down and check for traps” Garner whined “why do I have to do it again, why not Holly?”. Trin said “cause your good at findin trap’s is all now hurry up before the guards come around”. “Holly said “Trin I can do it it’s no problem!” Trin shook his head “na it’ll be ok Holly”. Secretly Trin didn’t want anything to happen to Holly so he sent Garner.
At the bottom of the ladder Garner took white powder out and spread it around leading to the door. With a stick he pressed every stone that was in front of him. “Hmm seem’s safe Trin!” he whispered up. “Alright, Holly let me help you down” said Trin. Holly and Trin made it down the ladder and walked up to the door” With a ear to the door Trin couldn’t hear anything.
Trin pulled out his tool’s. First, he poked the hole and sure enough a needle popped out coated with a green liquid. Then Trin began to work it cursing as it took a long time. As Trin was picking Holly said, “hurry up Trin it’s almost time for the guards to come around. Trin just shrugged. “we should be alright with us being down here they shouldn’t see our light Holly”. Then finally with a *click* Trin smiled and slowly opened the door. "Looks like no more trap’s on the door Trin." Garner said.
As Trin shined the light in Trin saw a treasure chest at the other end of the room. “fortune has smiled on us three!” Holly smiled. “Aye, time to pick another lock eh” Trin chuckled “Before we head to the chest, Garner put that powder down again and use the stick.” Garner nodded and just when he threw the powder and it landed on the chest the chest sneezed…..Trin looked at the other two…All three instantly knew what it was “MIMIC!”
all three ran and flew up the ladder as the Mimic chased after them. “CLOSE THE DOOR!” yelled Trin. But before they could close the door a green appendage sloppily reached the top the ladder. Trin slammed the trap door closed but it wasn’t enough as another appendage threw the door open. With sharp teeth and acidic breath, it started to lick it’s chops at them. “EVERYONE OUT THE BACK WAY!” Trin and the two halflings ran out the back and crashed into a wall and fell to the ground. Luckily some spell attached to the mimic kept the mimic from advancing out side of the building. With growls and whining the mimic just gave up and went back into the building. Trin then looked up to see Guards looking down at them laying on the ground.
“Well Well look’s like we gotz ourselves some thieve’s here eh Captain Geoffrey” said one of the guards. Captain Geoffrey growled, “one thing I hate is thieves, my parents got robbed and my pa beat up for not tellin em where the gold was.” Geoffrey spit on Trin. “Take em to the torture chamber we’ll make em talk to see who leads em” Geoffrey then scowled “ I will then chop off a fucken hand on each one of ya for punishment!” Holly fainted….