Vampire Journal, Vansa

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
jmecha
Illithid

Re: Vampire Journal, Vansa

Post by jmecha »

Kythorn 3rd, 1399
A Time for Flowers

Time, effort, and lives were spent in preparation for our assault. No expense was spared in our effort to created stakes of Necrovine consecrated and made holy, potions of restoration, potent vials of explosive positive energy, and various wondrous items to combat the Undead. We moved to enter what we believed to be the lair of Vansa Khalun at Dawn.

It was then that High Seeker Clarianna Gardner, Cleric of Oghma Divined the following.

"Beyond broken walls and down darkened halls
Each step, each turn vexed by noxious airs and what will burn
Clandestine doors dangers yield ‘til is found a place for meals
Two paths then wend to same osseous end
More servants sleep ‘twixt you and mother’s keep"

Wardings both Arcane and Divine were called upon before or descent into the darkness. Almost immediately we found our path blocked by a wall of stone, and after breaking through it we found the dark and twisting tunnel before us littered with a variety of insidious devices releasing clouds of poisonous fumes and bursts of negative energy. Despite the various traps and near endless hoards of bats and rats we traversed the tunnel to find a few vampires within their coffins sleeping through the day as well as a hidden door which lead us deeper into the underground complex.

After dispatching the Undead we advanced to find the inner chambers were furnished rooms with tables and chairs. There we encountered more coffins and Vampires rendered inert by the presence of Lathander in the sky far above us. We worked to clear the rooms and destroy the undead where we found them. During our efforts we were regularly harassed by shadow fiends working to see us slain. Eventually our works left us near what we believed to be the end of the day, and that is when we discovered a massive pile of bones piled together in the center of an otherwise empty chamber.

This collection of bones was nothing other then a Boneyard, a creature also known by some as a Bone Taker. When it stirred at our presence the Boneyard made up of countless bones moved as one being in constant flux with an unnatural protean. The bones formed a great dragon shaped beast and several other shapes as it moved to slay us and add our bone's to it's collection. Due to the prowess of our warriors, devotion of our clergy, and the spellcraft of our arcanists we managed to see the Boneyard destroyed.

Beyond we found what at the time we believed to be the last of the chambers awaiting us, and in a hurried effort we searched through the several coffins there in a futile effort to find Vansa Khalun before nightfall. It was during this effort the Nightwalker made it's presence known and we fought a pitched battle against the towering being of darkness to see it as all the other evils we had encountered destroyed.

Before we could reorganize from the chaos of combating the Nightwalker, Vansa Khalun and her Vampires attacked. The fighting that followed spilled across the entire unground complex as Vansa Khalun continued to fall back remaining elusive and we fought through the Vampires in an effort to reach Vansa herself. At one point we managed to close with Vansa until she teleported away taking the Warrior Kalo with her.

Later Kalo's remains were found to be torn asunder in a room filled with a dozen or more vampiric children.

It was not until an entire day and almost an entire night had passed that we found the secret passage that lead to Vansa Khalun's private chamber. We found the chamber abandoned, only the sarcophagus and few abandoned personal effects remained. It appears that the both the coffin that would have held Vansa's grave dirt and Vansa herself had teleported away to an unknown location.

Despite the number of Vampires we fought and destroyed, despite defeating and destroying the Boneyard and the Nightwalker, Vansa Khalun escaped our best efforts.

I do not know if she will return to Waterdeep again, though if she does I leave these written words for those who might stand against her in the future.

Know that Vansa is a charming and capable sorcerer.

Know that Vansa will employ darkness and make herself invisable as a means of moving unrestrained across the battlefield.

Know that Vansa can summon one deadly storm of ice after another.

Know that Vansa can make her skin harder then stone and ward herself against the elements.

Know that she will work to lure you and yours into traps and ambushes.

Know that if you do not strike her down swiftly, she will flee once more to prolong her endless nights of wanton blood lust.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
jmecha
Illithid

Re: Vampire Journal, Vansa

Post by jmecha »

Kythorn 16th, 1399

One of my most trusted companions, a Clergyman of Lathander has confided in me a communion he has shared with the divine in regards to Vansa Khalun. While I was not present for the communion myself, I will do my best to record here what was learned, as it was relayed to me.

Our Fallen companion Kalo's soul is being held within a prison here upon the material plane, and the prison is in the possession of Vansa Khalun. It is unknown if Kalo's soul can be freed from the prison that holds it.

Vansa Khalun has not only fled the City of Waterdeep, but the Sword Coast region. At the time of the communion Vansa Khalun was someplace with a population of fewer then one thousand civilized people.

In Vansa Khalun's wake, there are uncounted Vampires left behind within the City of Waterdeep ranging from near mindless feral vampires to most capable and Cunning Vampiric predators.

May this record be of service to those who would stand against Vampires such as Vansa Khalun and her spawn, this night and for all nights to come.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith