The Journal of Jorwin Fizzlespark

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
Tamlin
Shambling Zombie

The Journal of Jorwin Fizzlespark

Post by Tamlin »

Journal Entry #1

Well, I would love to say I've been off to a great start in Baldur's Gate.
Unfortunately, 'tis not the case.
Today, oh this day of misfortune, we did lose a companion, no, a friend.
And alas, I fear it's all my fault.
Today started off like every other. My friends and I met up at the bottom of the Elfsong Tavern and went about our day, delivering mail, and helping out around the city with any odd jobs that might come our way, after all, things are tight and we need whatever gold we can get.
So, when a man offers us 10 gold pieces to fetch him a bottle of wine from the cellar, we thought nothing of it.
When the first wave of rats arose, it was frightening, they were rather larger, far larger than I was expecting. But truly, though they certainly were mean, and I have the bite marks to prove it, they weren't altogether too challenging for adventurers like ourselves. We managed to fight them off, I myself claiming a few rat lives in that skirmish. After tending to the worst of our wounds, my companion Vikken managed to find a strange locked door. Utilizing her thieves tools she managed to pick the lock, and down we went, further into the cellars to investigate, far past where the wine was located.
Assailed by another, weaker, wave of rats, we thought there wasn't much challenge to be found down there, and began to explore the strange ruins we found.
But that was when we heard it.
The chittering of insects, Quin turned to see some rather large beetles bearing down upon us. Not knowing the danger these creatures posed he rose to meet them head on, no fear in his eyes.
But they were far deadlier than we would surmise, a fact that was very prominently shown when the foremost beetle bit down on Quin, knocking him unconscious immediately.
I admit, I did something then, I am not proud of.
I ran.
I ran like the legions of hell were chasing me and I ran till I was right out of that god forsaken place.
Once I got out, I noticed Vikken, stealthy as she is, also made it out beside me.
Of Quin, we can only imagine the worst. I imagine by this time he's most likely sitting in the belly of one of those beetles.
I swear someday we will avenge him, some day when we are strong, smarter, better equipped.
Until that day.
I shall not rest.

- Jorwin Fizzlespark
"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea."
-Tommy Douglas, probably about gnomes
Tamlin
Shambling Zombie

Re: The Journal of Jorwin Fizzlespark

Post by Tamlin »

Journal Entry #2

Well, despite the misfortune that befell us yesterday, we carried on today. We figured to take it easy for today, so Vikken and I took some mail down to the town of Gullykin, which is exciting, since I've never been! While on the road we ran into another man, a tall and silent elf with rapier about the length that I am. After exchanging pleasantries he agreed to join us along the road, at least for a while. I didn't know it at the time but we were lucky to run into him.
Down the road a little ways, just past Beregost towards Gullykin I was walking, talking to Vikken, enjoying the day when suddenly an arrow came out and struck me. In alarm we turned to see a group of three gnolls running at us!
Our new friend ran straight at the foe, while I pulled out my bow and Vikken grabbed some darts. I fired only one shot off before I was struck again by a volley of arrows this time, and I fell to the ground, unconscious, uncertain of my fate.
It would be some time later before I awoke. Vikken had fed my unconscious body a potion to stabilize me, while our new comrade ran at the gnolls, managing to take them down before they could do much more harm. I was impressed, and extremely grateful to my companions. I owe them my life.
We made it the rest of the way to Gullykin without further incident. Once there we delivered our mail and decided to rest in the tavern for the night, while I rested and recovered.
The life of an adventurer is certainly an exciting one. I look forward to what tomorrow brings!

-Jorwin Fizzlespark
"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea."
-Tommy Douglas, probably about gnomes