Walking in daylight

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
valn99
Owlbear

Walking in daylight

Post by valn99 »

It was dawn.

The Sun was slowly cresting over the horizon, leading the mortal world into another glorious day.
The City was slowly awakening, while the fishing boats had left the shore a few hours ago already.

The fishermen were quite disturbed in their daily routine bythe sight of a lonely figure, shining with hues of gold, yellow and red in the morning light, walking across the sea.
His feet hovered a few inches above the water, while a fine dust seemed to trail behind his path.
He smiled to them and exchanged a few kind words with some of them, even lending a hand with one of their nets.

Bran stopped and turned toward the shore and the rising Sun, closing his eyes and muttering his morning prayers.
He then opened his eyes again, smiling.
"You would be proud Arryn, I have mastered the Sun Flail! Alas, it was not meant to last..."
He reached into a small pouch, and threw a few pinches of gold-colored dust into the sea.
He turned his eyes to the Sun again and sighed.

"Forgive me My Lord, for losing the relic. The price has been paid for protecting the city. Dust of good and evil, mixing in Umberlee's bosom. I think She would be pleased."

Bran spent a few hours walking over the sea, chatting with fishermen and sailors, before returning to land.
Back in his shop, Bran grinned at his homonculus, "What shall we do with this glorious new day my dear Narb?"
NWN1 PC:
Now (2017): Bran, naive servant of Lathander, currently thinking about opening a potion shop.
circa 2000: JenWa, proud mother duck and half-crazed sorceress of Shadowdale.

NW2 PC: Kasil Trueforger, dwarven scholar of Felbarr.

Garlus Ironbeard: [d] I was sure there was a reason we brought you along.
Kevorn Trueforger: [d] I'm da funny one and ye're da smart one.