NWN2 DARKNESS FALLS

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
Arianna
Tech Admin

NWN2 DARKNESS FALLS

Post by Arianna »

1338 DR

The grim faced Cleric uttered the last of the prayers to his God as a sickly green light cascaded down from the heavens bathing the 12 stones on the altar in an unearthly light. All around him his acolytes dropped one by one as their life force was sacrificed to the creation of the Stones. His head began to throb with the infinitesimal pulsing of the stones as he gathered them into a specially prepared box. Motioning to his bretheren guarding the chamber doors " Gather their dust. They have proven worthy to the Lord of Death." As the others hasten to obey he retreated to his private chambers up the stairs to await his Lords word on where to send the stones, aware that each held a very small mote of the God himself within them.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Re: NWN2 DARKNESS FALLS

Post by Arianna »

1345 DR

"Quickly! We must complete the ritual before it comes." Dreams had warned him of the impending interlopers. Rather than fight against them, he had been instructed to create guardians for the stones. "Get the Supplicants chained to the posts! " the Cleric ordered.

As the various acolytes hurried to comply, one of the Chosen tucked a scroll away in his armor. " Just in case" he muttered quietly to himself as he takes his place upon the great altar and allows himself to be chained to the uprights. Taking a deep breath he looks up into the carved face of the Lord of Death knowing it will some time before he is allowed release.

Once all the Chosen were in place, the Elder Doom walked among them giving each his blessing and pulling from a box in his arms a smooth black stone, placing it in the indentation at each man's feet. He then sprinkled the stone with dust and bits of finely ground bone from the acolytes who had first given their essence in the making of the stones, as well as powdered silver. Returning to the Alter he turns and in a deep booming voice asks " Do you each willingly submit to become a guardian for the stones at your feet?"

As one voice the Chosen Reply " I DO!"

" Lord of Bones we beseech your Miracle to power this curse and bind these Chosen to your will, as guardians of your stones" He begins his prayers as dark speech is heard from his lips forming the miraculous curse and binding the Chosen to the stones. Dark energy from each stone courses through those chained as their guttural cries fill the temple. Their sound is pleasing in their Lord's ear.

As the energy swirls around each man, it sucks the life force from him and replaces it with an undying light, their eyes turning into pools of night as thier skin becomes the color of the moon. When the energy finishes filling them they stand with a intelligence their eyes upon the Elder Doom.

"Pick up your stone and place it in the box on the altar. Then you will follow the Deathbringer to the Chamber where you will guard the stones until such time as our Lord has need of them" the Elder Doom ordered them. Motioning to the acolytes "unchain them."
The acolytes hastened to obey. As each of the chosen was released they picked up their stone and placed it in the box on the altar then filed in behind the Deathbringer.

The Elder Doom closed the box with a sigh and followed the Chosen to the ruins below. He placed the box in a hidden niche and bid them " Guard these until the Lord of Bones requires them again or I come to retrieve them." with that the Chosen take up their watch needing neither sleep nor food but craving both constantly. The Cleric returned to the temple sealing the way behind him.

On the next evening twenty Bloodriders enter the town overcoming all living there and feeding off the souls of those they take.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin