Opportunities

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
kid
Dungeon Master

Opportunities

Post by kid »

The young man roared in laughter. The young female eyed him with dismay, shaking her head.

"What?"

He folded his arms, smirking, licking his left yellowed tusk with a crude thick tongue.

"Yer sayin' I ain't man enough?"
"You're hardly a man, John, not in age and certainly not in blood."
"Feh."

He waved his hand at the elven girl and dropped his legs off the table, letting his chair drop forward with a thump and a creak. The half blood leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table.

"Listen, Kes, I ain't gonna stay like this forever, playin' muscle fer ya an' the runt. Fuck, lass, I ain' gonna bloody live an' die in the fuckin' same alley my old lady does her thing."
Again he waved his massive paw, turning away from the elf half way.
"Fuck ya, Kes. This be my thing, I tell ya. I feel it... I jus' need ta get through to the the old man..."

"John..." That delicate creature offered him her sweetest of smiles. "You know we can't replace you... We need you.
Besides, there's no way they'll take you in. That man is going to laugh so hard when you approach him. And even if he is somehow mad enough to agree what is that going to accomplish? You're not an elf, you're not even a human.
Your kind doesn't have the talent for that, you know that.
Every person needs to know his limits.
I wouldn't try to play muscle, and you... well, John, this isn't for you."

The orc's head turned swiftly towards the elf, his eyes shining, his lips pursed tight, tusks poking out awkwardly.
"Fuck ya, Kes, Fuck ya ten times over."
He muttered through his clenched teeth.
"John..." She made her attempt at another sweet smile, the gentle tiny hand resting on the hairy, ugly arm.
"I'm just trying to be your friend..."
In response the large paw flew and smacked the elf's wooden glass right off her other hand.
It flew across the room and hit the the wooden wall with clank, dropping to the floor, and rolling slowly. The cheap wine spraying over the wall and spilling over the floor, red as blood, sipping down through the cracks.

The wooden glass kept rolling over the floor for a while till it came into an abrupt end as a heavy boot landed over it, smashing it into splinters.
"Fuck ya, Kes, I don' need no friends."
The slamming of the door soon followed and the elf was left alone in that small room.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea