Fading Embers

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Fading Embers

Post by danielmn »

Lady Protector Forgerheart,

It is in my greatest hopes this letter finds you well, and that Felbarr continues its growth under your watchful eye. As always, The Gates hold. The bearer of this, Lookout of the First Rank Dilir of Clan Graniteshield, has been sent to you, in hopes that he may be of use within the Citadel, and to reaffirm the relations between our clans. In truth, he has been chosen because of a longstanding bloodfeud between his clan and another, a feud that has inevitably found its way to the surface once again. It is my hope that distancing certain members of both clans should douse the flames. He is stalwart, obedient and orderly, does not complain or have a weak-willed bone within. More importantly, he has survived the Face. If you are reading this, then his first official charge is complete. I trust you can find a place for him within your walls, in the service of Emerus...I shall leave the designation of his charge in your own hands. I have placed other personal mail within this bundle from Underhome to your own, as well as gifts for yourself, Emerus and the high Clergy. Watchful Eyes sister, we ever yearn to hear more of your victories in the coming years.

In Service,
Lord Protector Bengrast Graniteshield, servant to Prince Protector of the Golden Realm Starag Crownshield, son of Vorn, Blood of Pyradar.

High Guardian of Araubarak Gulthyn
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Fading Embers

Post by danielmn »

Field Report, Fifth day of Second Tenday, Eleasias 1382

Lookout of the First Rank Dilir Graniteshield reporting.

For Records of Barakor Forgeheart, Engineers, Felbarr.

In following with Barakor Forgehearts instructions, I have managed to make my way from Felbarr into the lowlands, to the human settlement of Rivermoot. Upon closing upon my destination, I could see many figures above within the hills, both goblin and bugbear. Upon entering Rivermoot, I did find my charges, Khamli and Namli Stoneshield, both in good health. I was informed that they were to be making their way into the hills to ascertain the threat imposed, and that the number of the enemy was unknown. The brothers and myself traveled with many others, all appear to be sellswords to varying degrees. Upon our travel, the destination an outpost of the Argent Legion known as Fourthpeek, we encountered many goblins ready for battle. The goblins utilized both scouts, and traps, but to little effect, as our guide, known as Dahr, was able to disarm the traps with apparent ease, and the ambushes we encountered were heard from hundreds of yards away. The goblins themselves have little discipline. It would appear they are being led by a small contingent of Bugbears, all have appeared to be rudimentarily armed and armored. The use of small wolves is also of note, though no large ones were spotted on the foray to Fourthpeak. The actual outpost was held by goblins and a solitary Bugbear, able to summon shamblers. All were dispatched. Below Fourthpeak the brothers and I came across a solitary dead kin, whom we left in Fourthpeak to gather upon our return. We then proceeded into the hills the opposite side of the river of Fourthpeak, and came across a large, but spread out, encampment of goblins, and Bugbears in larger numbers. All were dispatched. We cleared a cave on one of the highest peaks in the area, which held prisoners taken, all dead. We then returned to Fourthpeak, gathered our kin, and made our way back to the Rivermoot settlement. The dead is currently in the temple, awaiting such time as it can be seen to Mithril Hall.

Be it noted that the Brothers Stoneshield showed extreme valor and courage in battle as expected. However, I believe their age affects their judgement in battle, as they tend to be wreckless, one moreso than the other. They were often singularly focused in battle, an inso capable of ignoring other threats upon their flanks, as well as allowing themselves to be separated from help. It is advised they both receive further training in group tactics. Both brothers have returned to Rivermoot, in good health.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Fading Embers

Post by danielmn »

Field Report, Sixth day of Second Tenday, Eleasias 1382

Lookout of the First Rank Dilir Graniteshield reporting

For Records of Barakor Forgeheart, Engineers, Felbarr

In continuance with instructions from Barakor Forgeheart, I report from the village of Rivermoot, post-action. The below actions taken without Stoneshield brothers, who were recouperating from previous report.

In follow-up to the previous excursion, a Seargent of the Legion stationed at Rivermoot hired a party to again assess the dangers above the town posed by the goblins as well as bugbears. I proceeded with previous company, led by the scout Dahr, along the same path, encountering light resistance. We detoured from the pass to Fourthpeak, in order to guage the situation at Settlestone. Settlestone has not, in fact, been over-run, but stands firm with Battlehammer's men overseeing the site. They have repelled an invasion force of goblins, however since the tried invasion, no further contact has been made between goblins and Settlestone. Note to Engineers; the town, if it can be called such, is in great state of disrepair. Many building have been burned to shells, some of the walls are crumbling. If and when such a time occurs that we are satisfied with our own defences to call them adequate, we may consider further strengthening our alliance with Battlehammer in sending help for repairations of Settlestone.

After checking upon our Kin in Settlestone, the group proceeded toward the glacial patch the Sergeant had sent us to look into. We met strong resistance both on the path to the glacier, as well as the glacier itself. Many goblins were upon the path to the Glacier, and upon the glacier itself we encountered an encampment numbering around fifteen, some goblin, some Bugbear, with a small contingent of trained and rather large wolves, as opposed to the previous small wolves we had encountered. This group was dispatched, no further signs of any of the invaders were found upon the ice. Upon return, we stopped into Fourthpeak again, finding it occupied with only a few goblins, likely remnants from previous groups that had been dispatched. We left Fourthpeak clear. It is my opinion that the current invasion force has been repelled, as their numbers and resistance, excepting the glacier area, were weak. I shall give a tenday of waiting to affirm no further movements are being made, before traveling with the Stoneshields back to Felbarr.