Wooden Swords and Cloth enemies.

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
Analogkid
Ogre

Wooden Swords and Cloth enemies.

Post by Analogkid »

The boy stood there, his blade held up, pointed straight ahead at his foe. " You're going to die for your degen....degenerate ways elf!" The boy leaped forward, slamming his sword against the side of his opponent. The hit connected well, except for the fact that the sword bounced off upon striking and flew from the boys hand, landing clear across the room and hitting the door.
"A loud knock is heard on the boys door within moments" What's going on in there? Are you all right little master? "The boy yelled " I'm all right miss Holman! The door to the boy's room opens and old Miss Holman looks upon the room, a wooden toy sword lays upon the ground and the boy, relatively short and and a bit plump from an excess love for sweets and pastries, stands there in the middle of a room, next to an "elf" made of cloth, blankets, pots and various assortments of spare clothing is propped against the boys bed. "You're supposed to be attending to your studies, not making mischief with your clothes and blankets" said Miss Holman.
I know miss Holman, i'll start doing my studying soon, but first can I eat dinner!? "Of course little master, i'll go prepare your dinner now" the woman answered.
As the boy and his nanny sat at the dining table and ate, and talked, several knocks tapped on the front door to the home. Miss Holman remarked, "now who might be at the door at this hour?" she asked not really expecting an answer. The boy responded " I don't know i'll go see!" to which Miss Holman responded " no no...you keep to your meal, i'll go see who it is. Miss Holman walked over to the front door and asked leaning to the side of the door, glancing through a small window "who might be knocking at this hour?" noticing a dark clad figure standing outside the doorway. A voice from the other side of the door responded "Only a visitor seeking a bit of respite from the cold air....miss Holman" Quickly she realized who it was and in all haste opened the door.

Once the door was open, there stood a man, a smile on his face. He wore dark leathers, and was covered partially by cloak, blacker then the night itself, and two sheathed blades hung at his sides, he pulled back his hood as he entered the room, he quickly looked around the room as he entered, his eyes locking on the boy who had stopped eating his porridge and simply stared back at him. In a moment though, the boy dropped his spoon on the table, bolted off of his chair and ran straight to the man, as he did so he yelled "Papa!" As the man bent down to catch his oncoming son, the boy embraced him tightly. "While looking on at the two, miss Holman remarked " This is a highly pleasant and wonderful surprise master Veneshuel, we weren't expecting you over this evening"
The boy pulls away a little from his father and asks "will you stay this time Papa?!"
the man responds "No, Drake, I can only stay for the night then I need to return to my ship, but why don't we sit down and catch up?" For a moment , young master Drake looked to his father with a hint of sadness, but still couldn't contain his glee at getting to spend at least some time with his father.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Wooden Swords and Cloth enemies.

Post by CloudDancing »

Lovely work. This really humanized Drake for me.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I was looking forward to more of this, though hesitant to read because of potential interactions with Drake ingame.. Maybe now that he's gone and there's no need to worry about meta, etc., you can write more?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Down the line I might go ahead and add more.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"