The ALFA Chronicle

Member created stories, poems, & other creative work.
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

The ALFA Chronicle

Post by Castano »

The thought here is to chronicle by game year, major events that occurred in FR whether PCs were involved or not. I think we should use this as a working thread, then edit the content down to 1-2 posts per year. This is a collaborative effort and everyone in ALFA is invited to contribute.

Usual warnings about meta apply, this thread will be full of it.

If you do not know the ALFA year use real years and we will convert for you.

and actually you can chronicle minor stuff too that would be noted in say a village chronicle.

Year 1380 - (2013)

Tarsakh 25-Mirtul 4
Greengrass Festival held in the Moonshae Isles at Regent's Field on the Isle of Alaron, drawing contestants from across the Sword Coast to compete for Queen Alicia Kendrick's pleasure. Notable winners were: Boxing The Great Fighter April; Wrestling: Knight Drake of Horstall; Archery, expert class: Zyrus the Water Genasi, novice class: Susanna the Hin; Swordfighting: Zyrus the Water Genasi; Grand Melee: Rani the Curer, Rhianna the Hin, Kalix the Bard, and Sweetwater the Hin; Magick Duel: Rani the Curer; and Pie Eating (held at the request of the halfing population) Rani the Curer. Sweetwater the Hin was sternly adminished not to xcartwheel naked in front of the archery targets during competition. The Druid Bu convinced the unlucky to try his new earthy foods, with the magic mushroom cakes causing a good part of the spectators to see visions. A mysterious shaman named Tunlan appeared and cursed those who killed a bear of some apparent importance to him.

Year 1379 - (2012)
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: The ALFA Chronicle

Post by Ithildur »

So this is a review of PAST events/major plot bits I assume, not currently ongoing stuff which may contain sensitive info.

i.e. The Horde plot, which was a ICly significant event on TSM has been more or less wrapped up (until the next Horde wave that is... such is life in the North), that can be laid out in some detail, but say Regas' gnome rescue plot may still have info that should be discreetly disclosed, perhaps in the form of general rumors/only the bits that are known ICly to a good number of PCs, etc.

I'd imagine there's quite a few different strands of stuff both finished/resolved and unresolved (too many of the latter I suspect...), which we'll have to sort through; some might not be significant enough to really merit being mentioned in an ALFA-wide narrative (i.e. PC Joe collected some darksteel and got a nice new sword crafted for him!) even if it was a nice or significant story on an individual level.

But the idea seems to be just have people throw out various stories/bits of narrative that they feel are significant enough, and we sort through to compile a meta-narrative, or something like that...? Perhaps have a handful of recognized writer types, lead/HDMs etc designated to finalize what goes into the stew and what gets edited out?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

That's the idea Ith. we may wish to do the same for ALFA 1 for posterity. But that would be a separate thread.

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

Topics:

1. The dwarf quests Viigas ran
2. Wynna's Dean's Plot
3. The TSM Zombie Affair
4. The Skaug Band of Pirates

Stormbring3r
Owlbear

Post by Stormbring3r »

Three Rivers Corps was formed in the Marches to help protect Rivermoot, Fourth Peak, High Hold and Quaevaar. Its members consisted of a giant of a man. A beautiful human sorceress. A quiet spoken Elf. A female Halfling Scout of the Legion. A Priest of Tempus. Several more were enlisted to help but had lost their lives do to unfortunate events. The group dealt with Vampires in Quaevaar, Giant Kin in Fourth Peak. Drow in the Underdark. Undead near High Hold. Vampires and Giantkin north of Rivermoot. Aided in the battle with The Cult of the Dragon, fighting alongside the Confederacy of the North. Helped with aid when needed after Settlestone was destroyed by the Orc Horde as it was routed by the Confederacy.

(( All above took place after the Orc Horde was scattered))
ALFA NWN1 Notable PC's
Jenna Steel (dead)
Marcus Agent of Mask (dead)
NWN2 PC's
Current PC.... Merin (Merry) Gwinkill
Will Menen (Dead)

DM MS
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Imagine that the Silver Spires and Ulgoth's Beard should get mention. Ulgoth's Beard is just a lighthouse in FR canon, and the Way of the Lion is just Sword Coast monsters.

There was an older plot on BG with massive fighting between Baldur's Gate and the vampires of the undercellar.

There was also a Baldur's Gate v. Amn war in there. Something about caravans getting sacked and both sides insisting the other was doing it?
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

I have a great deal of stories I can tell so i'll just limit it to Trapper to start:

1. The fens outside of High Hold were taken over by Velsharoonite cultists/spirits. In the span of Trapper's time there, they would appear across the river and compel people to drown themselves. From what Trapper gathered, all this was started by a greedy little Gnome who snuck through a crevice and down into the barrows. He stole a bunch of their precious gems. One of the gems happened to hold the soul of a ancient Lathanderite Paladin. Through some sort of magic and mystery, this poor soul was freed and released to properly die. The Velsharoonites wanted their gems back and after months of attacks something had to be done.. BTW In this short time, Dawn lost her life, Aniall lost his life, and Rhothimir lost his life.

High Hold finally launched a strike upon the caves under Sir Rathalan's command. There were three different units: 1. A strike team of Corio and various high-level tough guys 2. Daertho and his troupe (Myo and Kyo?) 3. Trapper and the ranged artillery in which she was put in command of. It was a very heavy event with lots of pyrotechnics. By the time everyone was about to run out of arrows and was terribly wounded, Trapper signalled a retreat, but just at the moment Daertho and his strike team returned and everyone hauled ass out of there. Evil was vanguished.

2.The Sword's Edge started long before Trapper showed up and there were many people of note that passed through those doors before she ever camped out in their basement, hiding away to have her child. She was there when Ragnus, Blaise, and Lemuel died, and when Gwen and Merrin returned as survivors. A few months later, Laque showed up and attempted to take back the leadership from Merrin, but Merrin would not relinquish control of the guild to the fly-by-night elf. Trapper never knew why he left in the first place, nor would she know Merrin had plenty reasons to refuse his request.
Still, it was her involvement there that brought her friends to come dwell with her in the Sword's Edge.

In fear of the vampires, she was rushed to Beregost and her child was born into the hands of her closest friends with help from Father Richart and Dawn's mother as her midwife, as well as a visit from a druid of Chauntea to boot.

And that in turn brought Alyra, Zalanthe, Corio, Lettinus, Laque, Madeline, Tahir (aka Shatter's Sheilds) and even Louen to come pass through those doors. It was during this time tensions rose with Amn and the Sword's Edge was called upon by the Dukes and an unamed party to deal with some senstive issues affecting the war. So with who he had on hand, Merrin formed the (seven hands?) adventuring company. They undertook the first expedition into the great sink hole at the edge of the Cloakwood and began a harrowing journey into the depths of the Underdark.

3. Trapper's final big adventure happened when she moved to the Moonshaes to buy a rotting old Inn on the docks of Corwell town. At the time there had been an upsurge of undead problems on the isles. And it turned out her "new" Inn was also plagued with undead. Sequestering the child with the druids, she and Lettinus finally dug down and found an iron shard buried in the floor of the inn. Through much adventuring they were led around the isles to find the rest of the shards to prevent the worshipers of Malar and Kazgoroth from reassembling an iron cauldron that could raise huge numbers of the undead as well as bring Kazgoroth back to life.
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

((I think this should be an announcement, seen from every forum, with a subtitles explaining what this is for. If it sits in the library it will grow old and wither))
DM on WHL
DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

((also, i demand more narrative))
DM on WHL
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((keeping things as meta free as possible, providng only sketches of information on plots that are pretty much done/wrapped up, that I have had some degree of involvment in))

Late Spring/Summer of 1380, Year of the Blazing Hand

The village of Gullykin in the Sword Coast is threatened by large numbers of shadow like creatures. Song of Morning in Beregost sends a contingent of priests and guards to aid in the safety of the settlement and to look into the matter. Primary bulk of the investigation is rumored to have been carried out by adventurers who risked the unknown dangers of the ruins of Firewine. The source of the disturbance is discovered, a necromantic cult found to be the culprit behind disturbance of restless spirits, and the spirits of two ancient elven lovers are set free to resume their eternal rest in the afterlife. The necromancer behind this plot is said to have fled, and has not been heard from since.
Last edited by Ithildur on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Throughout 1379 DR, the Year of The Lost Keep, the Confederacy of the Silver Marches is beset by Orc Hordes in massive numbers. Though periodic attacks from such hordes are far from unheard of in the North, the degree of ferocity, skill, and organization displayed by this wave has the entire region alarmed. Several settlements fall to the hands of the Horde (though they are later retaken, some at great cost including the life of a well known hero of the Marches, Overblade Rathalan Whitsword), and at least one entire settlement of Uthgart barbarians are completely annihilated in a dark Horde ritual; it is rumored that Duergar from below and Frost Giants above as well as Banite factions are actively allied with the Horde, adding to the severity of the crisis. Eventually a hierarchy of leaders of the Horde are discovered, and several of them rumored to be dealt with; special operations combining the resources of the Confederacy with the efforts of adventurers are said to have been the key.

With the removal of key leader(s), late in the year the Horde's attacks slow their pace, and eventually seem to come to a standstill. Some remnants of their elite warriors are occasionally spotted here and there, but for the most part they seemed to vanished or returned further North.

((needs review and editing from folks that were more closely involved with the end of the Horde plot on TSM))

Also in 1379, a small band of adventurers, mostly elven, explore the dangerous areas of Old Delzoun both above and below ground. A series of daring rescues and discovery of ancient secrets are said to be among their achievements, though most of their deeds are shrouded in mystery. At one point the elves were apparently received quite hospitably by the Feanor of Citadel Felbarr.
Last edited by Ithildur on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

DarkHin
Dungeon Master

Post by DarkHin »

((Thanks ith. These summaries gives a sense of importance to PC's actions, and help make the game-world come alive))
DM on WHL
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

((sure, I think stuff like this is what we need more of. Note this is a working thread per Castano, so isn't final/completely official, and probably should be a collaborative effort; please feel free to edit or point out corrections to details I may have gotten wrong))
Last edited by Ithildur on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

TSM 1379...

In 1379 a cell of the cult of the dragon is accidentally uncovered by a dwarvish map maker somewhere in the Nether mountains. As their power grows, they attempt to cover up knowledge of their cell through precise attacks on those who know. The city of Silverymoon is alarmed, due in now part to historical attacks by dracoliches and funds adventurers and mercenaries to storm the cult complex. Heroes and notable adventuring groups of the region gather to lead a 3 pronged attack including the "3 Rivers Group", dwarves of Felbar, and veterans of the orc wars.

They are successful in their attack, defeating a newly created Dracholich. One adventurer, Maer (an elf in the service of the City of Silverymoon) is presumed a traitor to the city and cult sympathizer after he steals the dracholiches phylactery and teleports away.
12.August.2015: Never forget.