Loot

Moderator: Twin Axes

Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Loot

Post by Zelknolf »

Daphne would want the cloak of stealth and the thieves' tools.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Zelknolf wrote:Daphne would want the cloak of stealth and the thieves' tools.
Sounds good to me, but you meant the "Thieves' Gloves" yes?

Another suggestion (for fun!), I really miss "rolling" for generic gear. :)

How about after all is tallied up. And using a very useful and top-level generic example: The 1 Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds.

Of course we should not sell it. But, would it "count" as part of a PC's share? Hard to decide. Since ALFA "technically" still is a PW. And I among others(? maybe not...), actually do still play very often on all servers, and do take minor risks these days. I would be taking much more risks if there was a 2nd around to play with (Thank you Arriana for some really great fun yesterday around Ruquel! The orcs are full of PH34R!), but while alone on server I don't even usually do low level combat statics to make sure I am around for TA's sessions among others.

But, since it would make no sense to sell it... how about the gearz we find that anyone can use, we roll for it! :) heh
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

So if the shop price is 50% of the value, let's say Daros gives you 75% for any items you wish to part with. There is also the rest of the reward for "retrieving" the items, but I can't find my notes as to how much you are owed. I think Irindel had a figure but I forgot so please remind me.

I hope this settles any and all complaints about the stinginess of Alfa DMs! :)
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Wow!

Well it sure solves the stinginess issue with respect to YOU, that's for sure! haha

Cool.

Ok, so might there be a time this weekend maybe when we can all log on together to finalize it all? I dunno, same time as the last session? or a little later than that (hopefully, lol)... so we can liquidate what we don't want, for gold, from the employer, and pass around/decide if any of the gear will be kept/used by anyone on the team?

I'm as usual, in.
I'll be on tonite, tomorrow, saturday morning (my time), sunday morning (my time), wandering.....
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Scrolls:
Death Armor 150g - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!
Protection from Arrows 150g - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!
Dispell Magic 375g - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!
Shielf of Faith 25g - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!
Flare 12g - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!

Wands: (KEEP!)
Cure light wounds 40 Charges 600g (if charges x50 it would be 750g)

Potions: (keep? who wants? roll for them? or take the gold?)
Potion of Blur 300g (CL3 Blue) - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!
Potion of Barkskin 300g (CL3 Barkskin, If I remember correctly) - (ANYONE WANT?) - Lets ROLL for it!
Potion of Cure Modernate Wounds 300g (CL3 Cure Modernate Wounds, If I remember correctly) - (ANYONE WANT?) - Lets ROLL for it!

Equipment:
Chainmail +1 1300g (5AC, 2DEX, Medium) - (ANYONE WANT?) - Lets ROLL for it!
Mace +1 2310g (1d6, x2, Simple and Rogue, small) - PTOLEM(?) - does not have to be... only thing "big" he'd be interested in.
Bracers of Armour +1 1010g (+1 AC, works as worn armor) - ADON(?) - makes good sense, unless he already has magic gloves and don't want em.
Staff of Force 192g (Mage Armor (CL2) 5 Charges/Use, 50 Charges. Wizard/Sorcerer only) - ARON
Gloves 1000g (Open Lock +2, Disable Device +2) - DAPHNE

Accesories:
Cloak of Stealth 100g (Hide +1) - DAPHNE
Fearless Ring x2 250g (Save Fear +1) - (ANYONE WANT?) - Lets ROLL for it! or sell!
Helmet of Acting 100g (Perform Acting +1) - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!
Helmet of Glimness 100g (Bluff +1) - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!
Helmet of Geography 100g (Knowledge Geography +1) - (ANYONE WANT?) - I say sell!
Something of Riding 100 (Ride +1) - PTOLEM

Other: (sell and split em all! [Do we get 75% for Gems too]?)
Malachite x7 70g
Fluorspar 20g
Light Shield 8g
Warhammer 25g

Aron has picked up 34gold.

EDIT: I think there was another quarterstaff, who has it?
Irindel
Shambling Zombie

Post by Irindel »

So far I have counted 8797 gold total for 100% value of the items, and without the other quarterstaff noone wants to say who took it.
That multiplied by out 75% price we get is: 6597,75. To that we add the gold Aron got which is 34 = 6641,75
The reward was we were going to get was at first 900 total, but Aron haggled up to 1000, and the three of us got 100gold as preparation costs. So we get an additional 700, which means 175 each, for a total of 6641,75/4 + 175 = 1835 each (rounded down).

Take your picks and if you got anything that isn't listed, let us know.
Aron is taking the force staff only. He will keep the wand to do healing for the team since he's the most useless one in a fight at the moment (unless someone else wants to carry it?)

Force staff 192g * 75% = 144.
1835 - 144 = 1691g.
Last edited by Irindel on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

While we do get 75% value, it's still more in our favor to not sell something we want to keep. We can save 25% that way.

And things we keep, should not reduce our gold share, by more than 75% of the item's value.

For instance, the staff "new" is 192gold, so if you've calculated it's sale to the employer at 75% (which would be the group share if we did sell it), but you want to keep it, shouldn't it not remove a full 192gold from your share of the total gold if we DID sell it? Know what I mean?

To make it easier to understand:
Those +1 skill items: Like the "Belt of Riding +1", costs 100gp new.
We can sell it to a vendor for 50.
We can sell it to the employer for 75gp.

But if I want to keep it... shouldn't it only reduce my "gold share" (at the end) by 75gp? not the 100gp.
Irindel
Shambling Zombie

Post by Irindel »

You are right, I simply overlooked it.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

I guess we need to go down to every gold piece here since this is technically still is a PW. All good. So we should tally it up like Irindel said, and divide equally as suggested, and then draw items out of our shares so it's all fair (at 75%! :P).

So, I suppose the Wand of Cure Light Wounds, is not counted at all in the tally. It shouldn't be of course, it's just that good.

But if you play solo Aron, if you ever need it off session absolutely use it of course. If it runs out, Ptolem will buy the team another.

I hope we can team up very soon for a little explore here and there anyone?... if we're together, you won't miss out on that precious XP bonus.

So, i'm not sure how you got 8797gp as the total. I got different, but mine was lower so we'll go with yours! :)
((my total also does not include that mystery "Staff", no idea who has it, but we need to find out! holly? Zelk?))

So, 75% of 8797 = 6597.75
6597.75 + 34 is actually 6631.75 ((nice try Irindel! :) ))
6631.75 divided by 4 = 1657 ((rounded down))
The remaining "pay" of 700gp divided by 4 = 175 ((thank you Irindel for including Daphne and Ptolem in that pay.))
1657 + 175 = 1832 total value equal share!

I changed my mind! I do not want the Mace +1. It's best to get 75% of its worth.

So, I will bid on the Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, and the Belt +1 Riding. Regular price should be 300+100. 75% of 400gp = 300gp.

If my share is 1832gp, then I should get 1532gp in gold back after all is sold.

I already have the Potion of Cure Moderate and the Belt of Riding +1 on me.

I also am holding the Potion of Barkskin ((which I will give to Aron to sell to the employer next game))

If anyone else wants to have the CMW-potion, or the "Belt of Riding +1", please let me know, perhaps we can roll for it, or whatever makes you happy. It's not a big deal.

Cheers and HOPE to see you all soon!
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

Okay, so I'm late chiming in. Sue me. :coffee:

Ando has:
  • A light shield, padded armor, shortbow, heavy crossbow and a tower shield, all quite mundane.
  • One "Ancient Blue Tome".
  • One "Demoralising Staff", a quarterstaff that can cast Doom 10 times.
I don't think any of the retrieved items are of particular use to my PC, so I've no claim on any of them.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Late? it's been 11 days.

:P :P :P

hollyfant wrote:Sue me.

Will it be worth it?
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »