Organisation thread

Moderator: Twin Axes

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Re: Organisation thread

Post by Galadorn »

For what it's worth, Ptolem will be hanging in BG tonite (my time) for many hours... my time starting around 6:00pm for 3-4 hours.

I know "my time" is terribly inconvenient, but my time 6:00pm-10:00pm, might be your times early in the morning either same day or next day? If anyone wants to get together, do some statics or just ID gear and get some GP values, etc, RP, explore, I'm up for that too.

cheers
Irindel
Shambling Zombie

Post by Irindel »

I'll be on IRC all the time I'm available. So if you see me there, then poke me (private message)
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Irindel wrote:I'll be on IRC all the time I'm available. So if you see me there, then poke me (private message)
Success! Items have been transferred. As mentioned yesterday, Ptolem is still holding the Belt of Riding +1, a potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, and a Potion of Barkskin. With of course NO plans to use them unless DIRE emergency, and if he does use them, they will be reimbursed immediately to the team "treasury" of course.

I have no intentions of keeping them if others should have them, or if we decide to sell them and split the money.

That being said, wouldn't be a terrible idea to keep the potions, as their quite useful for us in crypts fighting undead that usually like to open our skin and let the red stuff pour out.

Not saying Ptolem will be the one holding them when we do delve into the evil depths either. Especially the Barkskin, sine Adon is a combat PC as well with a lower AC than me.

Cheers Irindel, hope to see you again soon!

Since you're not allowed to "solo", you ARE allowed to join my PC without losing the "bonus XP" since two of us together are not soloing. :)

That goes for ANY team member, if anyone cares tooooo...RP.... ooor.... do some "safe" exploring, a few low level statics.... I'm available! *sigh* :)
Fully willing to Tank for all of ye during the week, preserving your precious bonus XP rewards!

.....fer gad sakes... is anyone out there? :cry:
Irindel
Shambling Zombie

Post by Irindel »

I might do so after we organize our loot.
Irindel
Shambling Zombie

Post by Irindel »

Are we going to have a session this weekend?
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

Nothing DM'd by me. I haven't had time to prepare anything. Nothing prevents you guys from ganging up though.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

aha, ok then!

Be great though (only if remotely possible) to meet the "Employer" and deliver/sell those "artifacts"/Etc, to him. If there's any gold coming Ptolem's way from it, it would be very helpful.
Up to you.

Well, i'll be on if the "Gang" wants to do some....statics?
orrr anything?

Ptolem is actively seeking warm blooded "anythings or anyones" to hit the Goblins in the Cloakwood...as advertised on the forums here:
http://www.alandfaraway.info/phpBB3/vie ... 93&t=51889
((posted on September 8th... no responses in any form))

But if anyone is "worried" to do something so directly dangerous, as you know and most disdain, I am the player who plays Bu, so I'd be just as happy to sit on a barstool in the Blade and Stars and RP for a half dozen hours as well if that suits your fancy as I do realize off the roads is lethal.

I'm getting bored, honestly, always hunting for others, and so I downloaded the 1700 megs of haks for another persistent world that regularly has 25-45 players on it all the time. Gonna check it out, maybe make a PC. Depending on several things: this just might be the last post I ever post on ALFA forums. :) That's an extreme case though. Probably won't happen since ALFA was so good for 13 years, it might not be all over just yet. :)
Irindel
Shambling Zombie

Post by Irindel »

Question to the group about consumables. Do you want to divide the cost of consumables we use during our session? Apart from the wand of CLW and some lesser vigor rings, we got items that cost PC's money to use. A barkskin could turn the tide of a hard battle into cakewalk. Aron himself has lots of scrolls that can help out, since not all spells can be memorised all the time.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

As a system, D&D is balanced assuming that characters will use consumables (specifically, assuming that an at-level fight will cost you about a quarter of your expendable resources) -- and so I'm for any resource distribution plan that encourages people to use those consumables.

The loot system helps us recover if we drink ourselves poor. Though, of course, buying use/day items is pretty much necessary to do things in a PW context. So we should try to save for those too
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Does that mean I'm supposed to get 12.5gp from each of the other members on the team for the "Potion of Lesser Vigor" I used on Adon in the last fight?
I hope not. That would be silly. Ptolem would refuse offers to pay him for that.

If we don't sell the Potion of Barkskin, we can distribute it to whoever should best carry and use it for the greater success of the group - but it is "treasure" so others should get something else in fairness, etc. Such is the way it's been for billions of eons across the galaxies.

But since it IS a 1-shot consumable-- it and other 1-shots (like scrolls), might not be "heavily" considered when the final gold split occurs. But they should hold some weight since everyone deserves a fair share.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

I think the idea was to use the pool to replace obviously-good-for-us-all items like healing potions. Not exactly tracking people down to each give in 12.5 gold, but instead saying "we used X potions to survive this, and it costs Y to replace them" -- doing that with the gold we picked up on the adventure that used them, and splitting the remainder as normal.
Irindel
Shambling Zombie

Post by Irindel »

That's exacly what I had in mind, Zelknolf. So basicaly after we get our loot and get to sell it, we can buy what we need to replace the lost consumables and share the rest. As long as -everyone- likes the idea, then we can do it like this.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Yes a great idea.
I also suggest, all members are encouraged to be carrying at LEAST 1 extra potion of Lesser Vigor. Even if they have rings of vigor, and other healing. They're invaluable.

Best tactic: in a scrap, after first being hit (no matter what damage you take) drink it - it's safer to drink it while you're only barely injured. The healing is slow, but lasts over a long time, and new hits are taken care of as the fight goes on...

And if anyone is very hard up for gold, Ptolem will give all team members those "extra" potions without a second thought.
((OOC: Ptolem planned to do this anyway as a great show of good faith next session. If they're not used during the session, pass them back at the end...until next session when he'll gladly give everyone another one.))
It's not as altruistic as it might appear... I completely expect you lot to be most likely be using them on him anyway!
...and Ptolem. Is noble-level rich. Not for lack of earning it I might add, but rich just the same.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

*stands ready for a game - same bat time, same bat channel as last time?*
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Mr. Axes, will there be a planned adventure/session this weekend?