Fishmen Plan

The Crew of the Queen Robyn is a player group operating on The Moonshaes, with plot centered on seafaring intrigue in the service of Queen Alicia Kendrick. The premise of the campaign is that all of the player characters are privateers, and joining the campaign involves being recruited to serve on The Queen Robyn.

Moderators: Zelknolf, FoamBats4All

Rumple C
Bard

Re: Fishmen Plan

Post by Rumple C »

Vug looks up from his bottle of rotgut (where did he find that!?). "Too much talk, not enough walk". He takes a swig.

"Would be better if..." a slow light of orcish cunning comes into his eyes, and he begins laughing. A few moments later he continues...

"Let's let those pricks come into the port. Some of the sailors will be sure to hit the bars. We get a group of them, and start the biggest brawl the isles have ever seen. Cripple and kill most of those seal shaggers. Then some of you silver tongued shits go swear loyal and talk the captain into signing you up. Learn what they're up to, then jump rail at the next port and send for us in Callidyr."

Vug pauses.

"Or we just stomp the shit out of them at the bar, then hole them in the port."
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

He goes on, becoming even more animated, waving his bottle around.

"Nah, nah, I've got it! We start that fight, and those fish fornicators pile out of their ship to help. While we're snapping necks, one of you twinkle toed burglars sneak onto the ship, and steal their log book. Or just get a look at where they've been, and where they're going."
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

"Or..."

Vug continues (again)...

"We kick the shit out of one of their sailors while they're taking a shit in the jakes at the bar. Carry him back to our ship. Everyone will just think he's drunk. Wake him up. Find out more. Then fish food."

Vug nods sagely.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Chales would shrug.

They are taking long to get here...
Cap' thought likely too long.
So it suddenly struck me that it's quite possible they are getting rid of any conspicuous cargo on route.

If that's the case we might miss them if we try to intercept them in sea.
Better just wait here and figure something out.

Either of Vug's plans sounds right by me, might need a little tinkering but sounds pretty much on the money.

Brawl could turn bad, might even get some of us thrown to jail, or worse. We could miss the Scale leaving.
So i'd rather find a lone sailor and see what we learn.

But I don't know the cap' well, ya think he'll go for something like that or are we planing to tell him once it's done?
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

Sahuagin or not, we need something to show the Scale's crew are not just traders caught by an unfortunate rumor at Snowdown. If we approach them at sea they will defend themselves regardless, thinking us the pirates.

A ragtag bunch of foreigners and demi-humans starting a brawl against the local northmen sounds like a great way to get robbed blind by the guard in "compensation". In the best case. Taking one of their crew and torturing him might work - or land just whatever he thinks we want to hear. Not to say a nasty piece of business making us no better than them. I'm not easily getting that on me concience.
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Upon hearing any of this after coming back in from the wilds, Damien just listens, grins, and says, "Oh, we're spies now? I'd imagine that the sneaky types could find a logbook or manifest pretty easily if most of the crew is off the ship. Do we know any frequent ports at all?"
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Raven still has the flipped coin in her hand, not having seen where it landed. She carefully slides her hand under a mug, placing the coin hidden underneath though what side it landed is unknown. "A future, undefined.." She contemplates it for a while, nodding to herself. She then takes a scroll sliding that underneath the cup, placing a curious rune upon it.

"... do we have a plan?"

She then keeps the cup nearby to medidate with.