Questions

The Crew of the Queen Robyn is a player group operating on The Moonshaes, with plot centered on seafaring intrigue in the service of Queen Alicia Kendrick. The premise of the campaign is that all of the player characters are privateers, and joining the campaign involves being recruited to serve on The Queen Robyn.

Moderators: Zelknolf, FoamBats4All

oldgrayrogue
Retired

Questions

Post by oldgrayrogue »

A place to ask Zelk stuff, IC or OOC.
Iarwain
Brown Bear

Re: Questions

Post by Iarwain »

Should I be in this Player Group?

<edit>
Found this in another thread:
Zelknolf wrote:You are not in any group. The forum is public.
So never mind my question...
</edit>
Forum: Iarwain
GSID: iarwain_benadar
GMT+1
Playing: Mondays and Tuesdays 8pm on MS
Current character: William "Will" Goodbarrel
NWN1 character: Moonshade
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Yeah, quick rundown of the obvious questions--

Q. Should I be able to read this?
A. Yes; this forum has the same permissions as the library. Except Foam and I are moderators instead of Loulabelle.

Q. How do you DM? Why should I be interested in this?
A. I have a thread about that. I find simulationist play fun because it by its nature rewards planning and grants the players the most agency, though some find it frustrating because they don't feel like they are given any direction by the plot or don't get told enough about how to be successful.

Q. Can I join?
A. Yes. Every player, member or not, is welcome to join. Our wiki page lists times. But the character you may bring is more-restricted.
-- There's a level cap, which will be listed on the wiki. If you're too high-level, you've got a few options
---- You can make a new character. I'll always accept new level 1s, and lower-level characters can expect to get more XP for the more risk they endure to play.
---- You can wait for the party to level up until you're close enough to the group's average that we'll take you.
---- You can ask me to de-level you. No one's ever asked this, so I can't promise that I'll get approval, but the "DMs will take away as much XP as you'd like them to" proposals that occasionally float up never received objection. There'd probably be objection if you asked for that XP back later, though (as that'd make it a rebuild)
-- Your character needs to be good, or a good-leaning neutral, and to not work against the crew. This is just an organizational concern; there's a lot of overhead involved in running the betrayer in the party, and I can't do it in large groups.
---- "Good-leaning neutral" requires that you not do evil things, so I suggest against Shevarash or Hoar characters, or the general "Do bad things to the bad guys" moralities.
---- Not working against the crew means you can't try to injure them, steal from them, sabotage their plans, etc. Pranks are fine, of course, but nothing that would be called CvC.
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

Two questions, in order of importance.

Are p-chests a possibility on board the Queen?

Is there any chance of a walkable platform or bench to go in front of the stove/kitchen? Maybe a gnome size kitchen might be easier?

P.S.
Now that Ive made it to second level i'll have a bio wrote up soon as well.
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Persistent storage is possible, though we'll need a way to get you to and off the Queen without a DM to make that viable.

Platform is possible, but walkmeshes, and thus qualified with a "YMMV."

Still some build projects to figure out with the ship, so not sure what priority can go to the kitchen. Gnome-sized cooking stuff isn't going to be IC right now (the Queen Robyn's original crew was all human, so the range top inherited is the right size for a human cook. Not that it can't be replaced; it just hasn't been). pChests would go in once we've got a solution for boarding the ship (Queen -> Land isn't difficult, but Land -> Queen will require some thought).
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

kitchen is no biggy. i can keep RPing him moving a step stool around the place.
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones