New campaign on MS

The Crew of the Queen Robyn is a player group operating on The Moonshaes, with plot centered on seafaring intrigue in the service of Queen Alicia Kendrick. The premise of the campaign is that all of the player characters are privateers, and joining the campaign involves being recruited to serve on The Queen Robyn.

Moderators: Zelknolf, FoamBats4All

Darkmystic
Owlbear

Re: New campaign on MS

Post by Darkmystic »

I would like to be removed from this group.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

You are not in any group. The forum is public.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Zelknolf wrote:
Darkmystic wrote:Why do I have access to a group where im not welcome?
Zelknolf wrote:I suppose we should start a group forum. Though, barring objections, I'd like to leave it public viewing. Having the buyin be "Your toon's not a dirty sneaky dirtbag, and won't CvC the folk he/she interacts with" makes metagaming not really a concern for me.
And I'd say it's important to distinguish between poor fits of characters/timezones and unwelcome players. For the player to be unwelcome, we'd have to assert that playing a certain kind of character or living in a particular timezone somehow made you a bad person. It is of course ridiculous to make either claim (as some relatively-uncontroversial examples: everyone loves Loulabelle and Puny), so we won't.

Feel free to read or post, within the normal limits of conversation on ALFA's forums. If the times can be made to work on your end and you've got a good or good-leaning PC to bring within the level range (currently level 1 or 2; probably be a couple weeks before we include the level 3s), you can even join. I'm not going to try to cap the group size; I'm just going to ask for understanding of slower responses and the extra overhead as I try to include the extra people.
I think using open forums is a very bold, and very good way of including people to see that there are things going on in the world. Uninvolved PCs can take advantage and add their own thoughts if ICly pertinent.

There is even the possibilty (With the running DM's permission of course) of some indirect involvement perhaps in the forum or advice to the main group. It wouldn't be much, and it shouldn't distract the main PCs. I know most of the time these things are handled by NPCs but... I just thought I would throw this thought in.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

orangetree wrote:There is even the possibilty (With the running DM's permission of course) of some indirect involvement perhaps in the forum or advice to the main group. It wouldn't be much, and it shouldn't distract the main PCs. I know most of the time these things are handled by NPCs but... I just thought I would throw this thought in.
Direct or indirect involvement from others is entirely welcome. I'd ask that PCs who are in other events not level out of range of the group here (I know that "saving levels" is controversial to some, so I guess come at me bro, but we established a cap as a premise to make sure that all of these spankin' new PCs have something to contribute-- so I'd ask people to save levels until such time that taking those levels doesn't make them powerful enough to marginalize the others in the group)-- and of course active communication if events or stuff overlaps.

If you're looking to copy style/theme while getting involved as a DM, MS DM forums. We're both writers; should be easy enough to swap notes and such. Players wouldn't really have to worry about that; just having the characters be the characters in the same place gets the job done.
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

Looks like I'll be there for the tpk tonight! Not feeling so good so I doubt i can play very late.
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones
pangolin
Shambling Zombie

Post by pangolin »

we are on at 8 tonight, correct? Dez is ready!
"...And when they catch you, they will kill you.
But first, they must catch you..."
Richard Adams
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Yes, T minus 3 hours until the session. It will be 20:00 if you live on the east coast of the U.S.
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

We all lived!!!

Great game everyone!
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Barely!

And I guess I'll be moving zSpawn to ACR AI, which is smart enough to find the still-standing targets among the piles of bleeding. Bit embarrassing to find out that I still hadn't changed that. :oops:
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

I dont think I made a single attack until we got to the Queen. Ran all over the place healing like a made gnome!!!

That will be my usual btw. Healing first fighting second fer ol'Sweets.
PC

Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

kiyoti wrote:I dont think I made a single attack until we got to the Queen. Ran all over the place healing like a made gnome!!!

That will be my usual btw. Healing first fighting second fer ol'Sweets.
And make pies with the fallen, the best way to honor a man is to eat his kidneys. Though i've -heard- sea men doesn't taste the best.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
fearman182
Goblin Scout

Post by fearman182 »

What time/day do you guys play at?
Current PC(s):
Ret Gerran, human wizard
Halfling Rogue that I forget the name of.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

fearman182 wrote:What time/day do you guys play at?
8 pm Friday EST.
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Post by kiyoti »

Our face going to grace with an appearance this Fri?
PC

Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

/me shakes magic 8 ball

..ask again later

Dang.

(Probably OK)