To our neighbors to the north

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

To our neighbors to the north

Post by Wild Wombat »

I apologize on behalf of most Americans for the way a certain braying ass has insulted your entire country and pretty much the rest of the free world. It is a disgrace but has been typical behavior for 579 days now. Please don't hold it against the majority of us that look upon our northern neighbors as steadfast friends and role models in how to treat their fellow human beings with respect and dignity.

#StandingWithTrudeau

#MakeAmericaThinkAgain
Current NWN1: Murgen Kjarnisteinn (AKA Grumpy Scout)

Current NWN2: Muir Cheartach, AKA The Pale Faced Pie Man

R.I.P.: Croaker Lyosbarr, Knight of Yartar, Lord of Lhuvenhead (NWN1)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
Akivaria
Orc Champion

Re: To our neighbors to the north

Post by Akivaria »

Wild Wombat wrote:I apologize on behalf of most Americans for the way a certain braying ass has insulted your entire country and pretty much the rest of the free world. It is a disgrace but has been typical behavior for 579 days now. Please don't hold it against the majority of us that look upon our northern neighbors as steadfast friends and role models in how to treat their fellow human beings with respect and dignity.

#StandingWithTrudeau

#MakeAmericaThinkAgain
They can hold it against us. We collectively elected that asshole knowing full-well what an asshole he is, sadly. (Though I wasn't personally a supporter.)

-Aki
"This is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

Current PC: Alora Tuffet-Hopper, foul-mouthed and irreverent bard
valn99
Owlbear

Post by valn99 »

:)
NWN1 PC:
Now (2017): Bran, naive servant of Lathander, currently thinking about opening a potion shop.
circa 2000: JenWa, proud mother duck and half-crazed sorceress of Shadowdale.

NW2 PC: Kasil Trueforger, dwarven scholar of Felbarr.

Garlus Ironbeard: [d] I was sure there was a reason we brought you along.
Kevorn Trueforger: [d] I'm da funny one and ye're da smart one.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

Thanks man! I think Trump is mad because they told him Putin would be in Quebec. But they served him Poutine instead. :?
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

I question anyone who is disappoint with Poutine.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

Akivaria wrote:They can hold it against us. We collectively elected that asshole knowing full-well what an asshole he is, sadly. (Though I wasn't personally a supporter.)

-Aki
I thought you did not and 2.8 mio more people voted for the pant-suit lady? But of course, you have to subtract the 5 million people who voted illegally... :roll:

I never bought into the doom and gloom of "all politicians are corrupt" and similar simplifications, but I think democracy can only function when people have their disagreements based on a common set of data points (which, ideally, should be true). Now that we are debating what truth even is it is the first time I am actually seriously depressed by politics :(.

I am even more pessimistic because in my interpretation, putting feelings above fact-based empirism is something both the political right and left appear guilty of in 'murica, just in differing spheres of life/culture/politics.
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Akivaria
Orc Champion

Post by Akivaria »

Veilan wrote:
Akivaria wrote:They can hold it against us. We collectively elected that asshole knowing full-well what an asshole he is, sadly. (Though I wasn't personally a supporter.)

-Aki
I thought you did not and 2.8 mio more people voted for the pant-suit lady? But of course, you have to subtract the 5 million people who voted illegally... :roll:

I never bought into the doom and gloom of "all politicians are corrupt" and similar simplifications, but I think democracy can only function when people have their disagreements based on a common set of data points (which, ideally, should be true). Now that we are debating what truth even is it is the first time I am actually seriously depressed by politics :(.

I am even more pessimistic because in my interpretation, putting feelings above fact-based empirism is something both the political right and left appear guilty of in 'murica, just in differing spheres of life/culture/politics.
Yes, Trump lost the popular vote. Unfortunately, winning the popular vote is not how you get elected in this country.
"This is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."

Current PC: Alora Tuffet-Hopper, foul-mouthed and irreverent bard
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

I didn't vote for Trump....and I do think he's a bit buffoonish....but I also think he's generally doing the right thing, outside of trade policies..

Now should we talk about the corrupt Clinton crime syndicate which would make Trump look like a saint? Or how about Obama, who had the the usual egghead professor view of how the world works?(ie, the same as that of your typical high school girls political and historical knowledge)? Or how about we talk about the Democratic party as a whole which has decided that race and identity politics is EVERYTHING, and that EVERYTHING is racist?

Anyways given the choice between marxism, racism, collectivism, and a drift to totalitarian thinking or Trumps silliness....i'll choose Trump anytime.
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

AK, you may want to stop quoting RUSH in your sig ("Conform or be cast out"). Not just because they are Canadian (ironic given the topic)...

If he could have voted, Neil Peart would have voted for both Obama and Hillary. He said, "For a person of my sensibility, you're only left with the Democratic party." https://www.rollingstone.com/music/feat ... y-20150616. Just sayin.

Perhaps change from RUSH to Limbaugh?

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
ayergo
Penguin AKA Vile Sea Tiger

Post by ayergo »

There's a place I like to hide
A doorway that I run through in the night
Relax child, you were there
But only didn't realize and you were scared
It's a place where you will learn
To face your fears, retrace the years
And ride the whims of your mind
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Wild Wombat wrote:AK, you may want to stop quoting RUSH in your sig ("Conform or be cast out"). Not just because they are Canadian (ironic given the topic)...

If he could have voted, Neil Peart would have voted for both Obama and Hillary. He said, "For a person of my sensibility, you're only left with the Democratic party." https://www.rollingstone.com/music/feat ... y-20150616. Just sayin.

Perhaps change from RUSH to Limbaugh?

I'm long past the days when I thought Neil Peart knew it all. He's much like any other person, can be right about some things, and wrong about a million others.

Also I have Canadian ancestry, so does that give me some extra leeway here?

Anyways Neil Pearts opinion doesnt change the fact that the Democratic party is slowly devolving to Totalitarianism....so wouldn't you take buffoonish libertine silliness over people who think you should get the crap beaten out of you because you don't agree with them 100%?
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Twilighteyes
Dire Badger

Post by Twilighteyes »

Wow.

Sometimes I forget how much the Internet pisses me off.

All I will say is that if one is worried about totalitarianism, all one need do is look at what has happened to the Republican Party over the last three years. They went from a party that had a coherent governing philosophy, morals, values, and a robust debate on how to govern.

They now are a cult of personality where people are judged by how highly they praise the Leader and dissent is not tolerated. Where the press in the Enemy of the People, unless of course the press you talk of is the Party Propaganda Machine. Where the Dear Leader only recognizes and supports those he sees with the only quality he admires - complete and total power.

Democrats can’t even agree on who should be the leader of the party in the House.

And this post is completely pointless because the next time someone is convinced by an Internet argument it will be the first.
Currently playing - nobody
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Twilighteyes wrote: And this post is completely pointless because the next time someone is convinced by an Internet argument it will be the first.
Yup. Save your keystrokes. You are either convinced that Trump is a corrupt, lying moron or you are a <remainder of post deleted by board monitors. Wild Wombat has been given one strike. Two more and he will be locked up along with Crooked Hilary and Egghead Obama and the rest of the traitors that do not support the "Unicorn riding a unicorn over a rainbow*". Oh and his clearance has been revoked. Not sure how he ever got one since he is a self-professed CanaSymp**.>

*http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... orn-over-a

** Canadian Sympathizer

shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

Necromancy +1