EFU

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
Rumple C
Bard

EFU

Post by Rumple C »

It's NWN, there is always something going on. RP -can- be good. Can also be an afterthought to quest trains.

Anyhow, it's good overall. Especially with active dm's and a server that changes as a result of others actions.

+it's in the under dark.

Oh, and there are many opposing player factions to join if that's your thing. Conflict = entertainment in movies and settings, and EFU has plenty of that.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: EFU

Post by Zelknolf »

Few big problems I had with EfU--

-- Developers can't work with other developers: development strategies they're visibly using dubbed "hack jobs" when suggested by others.
-- DMs granting PrCs (particularly assassin) to folk who don't RP or foster conflict so much as kill people for giggles. I was officially informed that such behavior is not supported, but it's also not punished and PrCs required active DM intervention (or, at least, did at the time) so I tend to add a little "obvious lies are obvious" to the pile.
-- World design puts a huge pressure to powergame; given the bugs present in NWN2 and the general ruleset implementation, this means that all classes are/must be "solved" and the solutions followed rigorously if a player intends to succeed.

There's also the smaller problem that DM coverage is much worse than ours ever was, and I'd still classify ours as "embarrassingly low for our goals." Though the game also doesn't assume DM intervention the way we do, so that's more of a "What do you expect out of play?" thing.

I'd only recommend it to folk who don't develop, enjoy a fair amount of meaningless grind and content repetition, and don't mind having character be taken out of play abruptly and for no discernible reason. That can still be fun, but it's a very different game.
Rumple C
Bard

Re: EFU

Post by Rumple C »

It's not alfa, no. There is -more- dm coverage than alfa has, i'd say. But there is a crap load more players as well. So less per player? The thing though is... no dm's are needed? There is enough statics, and random quests that pop up to make it fun -without a dm-.

I don't know anything about dm favoritism? Even then, i don't really care, since i'm not on the wrong side of it. It's very much a crash and bash place. Pc's rise, burn like a inferno, and die out quick. Only for another to rise again. It really is what you make of it.

Perhaps i'll recap in less words. It's NWN. It's conflict based. Not for anyone who gets attached to their characters. Not for anyone who takes things personal, or has trouble rolling with the punches. For someone who enjoys getting pushed off their bicycle and getting right back on.
12.August.2015: Never forget.