Sigil

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Sigil

Post by CloudDancing »

I've have a group going on on Sigil City of Doors. There is endless custom content, good RP, and a lot of familiar faces plus a high server pop. We are looking to build a branch of Bregan D'aerthe there. I'm using my regular user name so hit me up.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Re: Sigil

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Sigil is the "anti-ALFA."

Basically, anything goes player wise except blatant cheating. It is high magic, high wealth, ultrafast leveling, respawn with almost no penalty,and armor bikinis everywhere.

You can expect to see a Bronze Dragon selling wares to a vampire rubbing shoulders with and Erinyes leading around an Iron Golem in the main market square -- and these are all playable races! Indeed, the custom playable races are endless and diverse. The custom PrCs are as well.

While much of Sigil would make a hardcore ALFAn collapse into the fetal position, I must say that playing on this server the last few weeks (some with Cloud) has been fun. Actually getting to immerse into a PC like an Eladrin Ghaele or a Half Fiend is a fun and refreshing change. The completely psychedelic, chaotic and out of control setting is fun too. There is always stuff to do in the video game sense and nice RP if you want to find it. People are also VERY laid back, permissive and non-judgmental, which is a refreshing change.

I'd like to see more immersive, story based RP, but for what it is Sigil can be quite fun.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Sigil attempts to go with the source material as best as it can. There are a number of airheads as much as there are people that take canon planeswalker RP seriously. It is the hub of the multiverse so it is a constant freakshow.

So it is fun. No one is repeatedly stepping on your face and grinding their boot on your sack. You actually have to work as a team to level properly. And the areas go on and on with hundreds of secret portals, doors, and hidden places.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

CloudDancing wrote:No one is repeatedly stepping on your face and grinding their boot on your sack.
Deal breaker. I'm out.
12.August.2015: Never forget.