Alfa and skype

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
MaskedIllusion
Staff Head - PR

Alfa and skype

Post by MaskedIllusion »

We did this before, and it ended up being quite a lot of fun, and helped some people chat with others they have not before.

So I am going to try to start this again.

If there is any interest I will add people on skype and make a group called alfa.

If you want, you can PM me your skype name or just write it down here and I will add you to the group.

Really hoping to get this going again as it ended up being really entertaining.

Also want to add, as we have had people bring this up before, there is no need to go voice if you don't want to. You can also just listen and type.
Current PC:
Pc 1: Kalavaria
Pc2: -
Retired PCs:Kyrinil, Isabella, Sayset, Iadeth, Araessa, Kalix Silvith
Past PCs: Astri, Navanna, Vess, Isett

<paazin_> I hate you.

Puny: I would stomp on a spider wearing my future babies face.

Boom: I hope he dies in a flying aids fire.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Re: Alfa and skype

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Man, I should dig out skype.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Skype with the Swedes is fun. Its also pretty cool to talk to people you've only played with in text for 5+ years for the first time.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I was vastly entertained after the session was over watching cd's video of the skyping that was going on with the swedes during one of Ronan's sessions, but I'd have trouble staying IC and maintaining focus skyping WHILE in a session, particularly an intense one. :)

Particularly enjoyed CD and Puny's reactions to whether Aglaril would kill the NPC drow or not: "He's going to kill her. No wait, is he... wait, what's he doing? He's going to kill her... wait... maybe not... huh..."
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

If this were to happen before the end of next weekend (24th) I would likely be able to do it as I am currently on vacation from work.

Edit: So my skype name is siaerr
MaskedIllusion
Staff Head - PR

Post by MaskedIllusion »

Will add you swift. And Ith, as far as it goes, I didn't really mean to talk during the session or anything. Just on a friendly bases outside of games.
Current PC:
Pc 1: Kalavaria
Pc2: -
Retired PCs:Kyrinil, Isabella, Sayset, Iadeth, Araessa, Kalix Silvith
Past PCs: Astri, Navanna, Vess, Isett

<paazin_> I hate you.

Puny: I would stomp on a spider wearing my future babies face.

Boom: I hope he dies in a flying aids fire.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I would've been TOTALLY laughing and distracted by cd, puny, etc during that session; would've been hard to maintain being in character as well as increasing likelihood of death. Would've been fun though I'm sure. (or maybe a bit annoyed!) :)
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Set a date and let me know! I can likely attend any time before the evening of Sunday the 24th US time. After that keeping any sort of US hours becomes difficult as I go back to work.