Batman v Superman Trailer Leaked

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Batman v Superman Trailer Leaked

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
maxcell
Githyanki

Re: Batman v Superman Trailer Leaked

Post by maxcell »

Looks like a good hit for DC
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

What? No Picard? Yawn.

Okay, maybe I'm a little excited.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Looks like once again DC was going for maximum grit.

Batman also needs to lay off the autotune.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

I quite liked the idolation theme at the start. Seems plausible.

Batman thinking he can punch superman in the face? Not so much.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Batman can do anything.
He's Batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaM_tYWBdyU
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

:( Pretty big Supes and Bats fan, but not so sold on the last few DC movies or this one. The trailer to me was underwhelming, felt like DC rushed things through to remind people they're still around with Avengers coming out.

And I'm actually starting to hate the over the top Batman fanboyism. Batman's gritty, yeah, but utterly despise, hate what the exaggerated take to the limit angst is doing to the character; he's become an over the top faux-gritty caricature of himself on gritty Bat-steroids of super grittiness (a pleasant surprise when he speaks in complete sentences besides "I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN!!" lately), and sadly it even rubbed off on Supes thanks to Snyder.

But then again, I didn't think the first Avengers movie was that great either; best superhero movie since Batman Begins was Cap 2: Winter Soldier
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Ithildur wrote:best superhero movie since Batman Begins was Cap 2: Winter Soldier
That just shows where personal taste lies, because I thought Cap 2 was average at best.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I'm with swift on this.
However I can't agree with him because he want's to DM where he plays, that bastard.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Swift wrote:
Ithildur wrote:best superhero movie since Batman Begins was Cap 2: Winter Soldier
That just shows where personal taste lies, because I thought Cap 2 was average at best.
Apparently so!

But for what it's worth (and it's not always an accurate measure), it's one of a few movies in the genre that got rave reviews from just about every movie critic as well as audiences. And for good reason; it's far from perfect but it is quite good, and a movie I did not feel embarrassed at all about telling my friends who aren't big superhero fans (which is most of them) to go and spend hard earned money on.

Upon further thought, it's also not surprising that people outside the US might not have taken to it as much for a number of reasons. Aside from the whole 'it's Captain AMERICA, the nation's greatest hero, living legend (at least in the comics and Cap's solo movies; Josh Weadon/Avengers 1 apparently thinks Cap is best served as a one liner straightman foil to RDJ's Tony Stark) of the country everyone loves to hate' thing, there's definitely layers of political-cultural element that, while citizens of many nations in the West could identify with to some extent, are uniquely close to home for a lot of Americans living in post 9-11/NSA/non existing WMD etc era.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt