ECAC 2014

This is a forum for all off topic posts.
puny
Dungeon Master

ECAC 2014

Post by puny »

so, me and matti is going too patiently sit on a plane for a insane amount of hours to cross the atlantic at the end of this summer. (mid august-september somewhere)

hopefully Lou will be our gracious host for atleast a number of days

i'd like whip together a little alfacon and meet more (alfa)people at some point of the trip, possibly rent a cabin somewhere close to something fun to do as they did the last ecac? maybe something different, i'm not picky, for as long as i don't have to camp outside in a tent.

who's in? anyone having splendid ideas/suggestions?
Rumple C
Bard

Re: ECAC 2014

Post by Rumple C »

My suggestion is to move the venue to New Zealand.

Other than that, have fun.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

I have a tent. Its only a two man tent, but we three should fit. It'll be tight, but it'll be fun.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Last one where we got the cabin was really fun, largely thanks to Heero being awesome.

I would definitely be up for it again no matter the venue, if you will have me. I'd like to sit at Matti's feet and be in awe of him if he would allow it.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

Meeting Alfans offline is always scary. I've never met a Swedish one, that must be even scarier. I think I might try it if it works out. You could camp in Central Park.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

Twin Axes wrote:Meeting Alfans offline is always scary. I've never met a Swedish one, that must be even scarier. I think I might try it if it works out. You could camp in Central Park.
im insanely harmless and matti is just made of pure lovely win that doesnt bite =D
i can testify, that most swedish alfans i've meet are super easy to hang out with

i could try to speak some super lame/anti-intimidating dialect, which do you prefer?
maxcell wrote:Last one where we got the cabin was really fun, largely thanks to Heero being awesome.

I would definitely be up for it again no matter the venue, if you will have me. I'd like to sit at Matti's feet and be in awe of him if he would allow it.
im pretty sure he's humble enough to be a little ill at ease with sucha blatant display of admiration, my word of advise, sit at the same table and talk nerdy about beer
Heero wrote:I have a tent. Its only a two man tent, but we three should fit. It'll be tight, but it'll be fun.
i don't do tents. *shudders*
Rumple C wrote:My suggestion is to move the venue to New Zealand.

Other than that, have fun.
it would be fun
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Puny said:
I'm insanely harmless and matti is just made of pure lovely win that doesnt bite =D
i can testify, that most swedish alfans i've meet are super easy to hang out with

I'd spoon B00m. Does that count?
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Galadorn wrote:Puny said:
I'm insanely harmless and matti is just made of pure lovely win that doesnt bite =D

I'd spoon B00m. Does that count?
As would I. But let's keep focus on Matti pls.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

puny wrote: im insanely harmless and matti is just made of pure lovely win that doesnt bite =D
That sounds good. Harmlessly insane works too. I like non-biting Alfans.

If I don't make it, you guys should swing by New York. Have you been?

Also: Do the Gothenburg dialect, please. I wonder what it sounds like in English?
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Mikayla
Valsharess of ALFA
Location: Qu'ellar Faen Tlabbar, Noble Room 7, Menzoberranzan, NorthUnderdark

Post by Mikayla »

What parts of the States are you going to be visiting puny?!?
ALFA1-NWN1: Sheyreiza Valakahsa
NWN2: Layla (aka Aliyah, Amira, Snake and others) and Vellya
NWN1-WD: Shein'n Valakasha
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

As some other vaction plans of mine has been foiled, I am now reconsidering this option instead.

puny: do you have a more exact date and how long are we talking?
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

will this hit NYC by any chance? If yes, we can don some LARP gear and hunt dire rats in the subways.
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Castano wrote:will this hit NYC by any chance? If yes, we can don some LARP gear and hunt dire rats in the subways.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

boombrakh wrote:As some other vaction plans of mine has been foiled, I am now reconsidering this option instead.

puny: do you have a more exact date and how long are we talking?

uhm. no exact dates just yet, need to shake mattis school down for .. youknow... schoolstuffs i think. or vacation fluff... still just vaugly. lateaugust-earlyseptemberish
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

If I'm still around the East Coast by then, I'll try to get in on some of this as well. Let me know specifics when they become available!